“Air canada..”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've always been a west jetter. When I found out it was an air Canada flight I was a bit upset..because of years of taxpayer bail outs..plus i felt i was cheating on westjet
.lol.. but air canada was good. Friendly staff. Good service. At one point in the flight I tried to pay for my headphones with my westjet Mastercard.. they would not accept my card and gave them to me. all in all a pretty good flight..I will fly with AC again.

Date of travel: December 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One person on this flight had misplaced his/her passport. Air Canada chose to wait 1 hour to see if it could be found. Eventually Air Canada concluded this person could not travel. Only then did Air Canada decide to locate and unload the person's bag. We left 90 minutes late. We had to RUN for our Montreal-Toronto flight. The Quebec City people missed their connection and had to stay overnight in Montreal and be re-booked to fly the next day. How could Air Canada make such a decision that negatively impacted hundreds, likely cost the airline itself real money as well as bad reputation, for the sake of one person who could not keep track of their passport? It was awful.

Connecting passengers were told to speak to the gate agents for Air Canada. There were none until after you cleared customs and retrieved your baggage (which of course would need to be re-checked for connecting people). In the end, there was ONE Air Canada employee handling both hotel/re-booking for Quebec City people and checking in Toronto-bound people. We had 10 minutes to make our flight, but we were behind a group needing hotel and new flights. ONE employee!! Surely Air Canada could have contacted ahead - knowing its decision to delay leaving Guadeloupe by 90 minutes would cause these problems - and ensure there was adequate customer service in Montreal to deal with the HUNDREDS of anxious or inconvenienced passengers from the flight? Apparently forward thinking is not a strength of anyone who works for Air Canada.

On top of that, my luggage arrived with my nice suitcase ripped thanks to the baggage handling process. You pay extra to check baggage, but it arrived damaged. Still, this was an improvement on my Canada-Guadeloupe experience when my bag arrived 48 hours after I did (would have been 60 hours had I not driven to the airport to collect it myself). Apparently 3 hours between flights in Montreal is not enough for Air Canada to transfer the bag. Again, you pay extra to check luggage, but the service for which you are paying is very poor.

Yet another collection of examples demonstrating how poorly run and what lousy decisions are made by Air Canada.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had to wait for 7 hours to fly from thunder bay to Winnipeg because there was a "minor issue with communicating device" and then another 8 hours in Winnipeg. I left home at 3:30 am for the 5:0 am flight , which was supposed to arrive in Calgary 8 am.
They handed out some coupon which expires in 60 days and you won't know the discount until you use it for next flight.
Like everyone else on the same flight said"there will be no next flight with Air Canada"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always happy with service. I particularly like the non-stop flight. Snacks are good and I don't have to bother bringing any food. I can even collect aeroplan points for the snacks! I dont plan on flying any other airline as i like to keep my points with one airline.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have flown air Canada when arriving in Calgary and it wasn’t too bad but my recent flight from Calgary to Toronto was ridiculous! Was supposed to be 10.15am (Calgary time) to 4.00pm (Toronto time) but we ended up sitting on the tarmac for 45 minutes because there was no available gate and then once the gate was available the bridge was covered in snow and ice so we couldn’t leave until after 5pm- so I missed my connecting flight and staff were quite unhelpful when it came to letting me know how to get a new flight. This was my first time flying with a missed connecting flight by myself and was definitely a worse experience because of Air Canada.