“A Bit More Leg and Elbow Room in Premium Economy But Not Much Else”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I am way over 6 feet tall, it’s becoming increasingly impossible to be seated in economy class on longer flights. Recently, I tried premium economy on a flight from Canada to Germany. There are 3 rows of seats in PE with a 2-4-2 configuration. By far, for people with long legs, the first row (12) has the most knee room. There is no leg support, so if you have big feet, you’ll find the bulkhead wall a bit uncomfortable.

As it turns out, the exit row seats in economy have more leg room (at about half the cost) but then you have a narrower seat (3 across by the windows) with washrooms in front of you. Strangely while there was not a seat to be had in PE, the more roomy exit rows seat in economy were virtually empty - I suspect because of the extra $100 charge.

There was a little bit more substantial dinner served in PE but strangely with only 2 meat options (chicken or veal). I special ordered a veg meal but since I was not eating one of several people not pleased with the choices at least got to eat.

There are no washrooms exclusive to PE and a curtain bars you from using the business class washrooms several rows ahead. So, you join the masses behind you in the middle or back of the plane.

Not eating dinner, I was looking forward to breakfast. It turns out that what I thought was a packaged sponge, turned out to be a slice of sweet bread. Along with a beverage that was breakfast. The flight attendant brusquely corrected me - no breakfast on this flight, just a snack - and that’s stretching the definition of a snack. At a minimum $1200 each way, you’d think they would spring for a buttered bagel, muffin and or yogurt.

Is it worth it? Yes, if you can’t fit in the back. However, an economy exit row seat will give you more leg room at a saving of at least $500 each way.

Date of travel: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sadly this is the last flight that AC is doing from Narita to Calgary...now we'll have to come home via Vancouver. We liked coming home via Calgary as there are more connecting flights to Edmonton from there than from Vancouver. If you're ever delayed leaving Narita (Tokyo) and come home via Vancouver you'll most likely miss your flight and will have a lengthy wait until there is another flight to Edmonton. Too bad AC decided to cancel the Calgary return. Might have to look for another carrier.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very good crew both going and coming back.
The interior of the plane was clean and as comfortable as plane seats can be!
We were on time on both flights and I would use Air Canada again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had my flight cancelled due to a snow storm. I purchased my flight to United, but operated by Air Canada.
When trying to reschedule, the options from United were just unreasonable (2 days later).
Then I called the Air Canada customer service. They were willing to book me on the next possible flight even outside their alliance. This is just amazing and rare to see. You can sense when you have a good CS when problems come up and AC totally nailed it.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was to leave a Nanaimo at 8:30 am, but because of fog in Vancouver, we were delayed. We boarded once but were deboarded (?) once. We finally flew out at2:30. Obviously, most of us had missed our flights. Several of us from the back of the plane bonded and spent our time in the loung telling stories about other trips and funny experiences. Was actually fun. I wasn’t able to connect with a flight until after 5:00 pm and that got me in to Ottawa after 1:30 am the next day. Obviously I was not able to rent my car as they close at 1:00 am. Cost me $50.00 for the taxi to my girlfriends and after some time catching up, we went to bed at 5:00 am. The worst flight experience I have ever had, and the only compensation was the free $3.00 ear buds!!