“A tale of two airplanes - AC 1641 Airbus 319 and AC 056 Boeing 787-900”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first part of the flight both to and from Toronto was somewhat uncomfortable on the Airbus 319 aircraft. The flight was full both ways and the space was just too constricting.
besides we were only served a drink flying for 3 hours. The layover was quite long (six hours) but we took advantage enjoying the airport and partaking of food and libations.

The second part of the trip from Toronto to Dubai and back was a different story. We flew on the Dreamliner and we felt nothing lifting off the ground and landing. Absolutely smooth flight. The food was quite good when it comes to airplane food and we had access to free entertainment by virtue of the touch screen display directly in front of you.
The flight was quite long (about 12 to 13 hours) and I was able to watch two good movies before finally taking a nap.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A dream flight on a Dreamliner! Impeccable service. Gracious flight crew that did their airline proud.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were on the return "shuttle" from London to Ottawa last Sunday. The flight was on time, actually a bit late, but nothing major. The service level was typical for Air Canada: very professional but not with much passion . I enjoyed a few conversations with both male and female flight attendants. Typical AC food: "chicken or pasta?" Still free soft and alcoholic (sic) beverages. Bingo. These days more and more airlines withdraws freebies on board, but AC keeps some basic standard.

The major problem was the old B767 aircraft. These birds clearly saw better times already. Loose arm rests, barely working entertainment system, and the PA system that could not be heard at all. (Safety issue?). One flight attended explained to me that Air Canada will retire these aircraft next year. He was almost apologetic. I liked this.

In summary, if you need to go from Ottawa to London, UK or back, the daily AC888/AC889 shuttle is still the best way to travel. I hope that company will introduce new fleet soon. Enjoy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flight was on time. Service was very good. Bags were delivered quickly. I would recommend Air Canada.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing service regarding a flight I canceled. They helped me rebook a flight over the phone with my outstanding balance and was very helpful. I was wary about their customer service at first due to reading many complaints, but I called twice and both times received great service!