“Use of the Air Canada VIP Lounge”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I took the UP Express train from Weston Road, which is the last stop before Pearson airport, getting there in just a few minutes. There is a long walk from the train to the departures lounge, and the signage can be a bit confusing. I was early for my flight and security wasn't too long a wait, but annoying, as usual. Somehow I lost the leatherette passport case I keep my passport in, but it was only the case, not the passport. Because I had reached a high level of points on my aeroplan, I got to use the VIP Air Canada lounge, which offers free meals, salads, drinks and deserts. The food was better than good. It was gourmet. I was well pampered. As the flight was heavily booked the boarding staff announced that we could check our luggage for free. I had booked the last flight to Calgary which arrived after midnight local time, so It was prudent to stay at the Calgary Delta airport Hotel, before taking a shuttle to my suite in Banff at the FOX hotel the next morning. Both hotels were excellent and provided great breakfasts. I returned via Montreal, to meet up with my daughter, who flew in from New York to attend a friend's wedding at a resort in Quebec. This time Air Canada sent my luggage to Ottawa, but had it delivered to my hotel by 6:am the next morning. As my daughter's flight wasn't due to arrive in Montreal's Trudeau airport until 21:30 I bought a 1-day transit pass for $10. and took the #747 bus to Montreal to do some sight-seeing before returning to the airport, renting a car from Hertz, and picking up my bags from the hotel. Buying a pass allows you to hop on and off all buses, and subways (Metro) 24 hours a day. I took VIA Rail back to Toronto, leaving from Trudeau Airport after dropping my daughter off for her flight home to New York. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the nearby train station., -about a 5-minute trip.The car return was quick and easy because I had prepaid for the refueling, when I rented the car. The refueling charge was 2 cents a litre cheaper than the local gas stations, so I was glad that I took the option to pre-pay. Free street parking is available in downtown Montreal, but you have to read the street signs very carefully, to move to another spot, at the right times and permitted locations. If not, then pay at a parking lot, or risk being towed.

Date of travel: June 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Used to be a big fan for my south America to Canada travels. This time, they lost it.
The plane was 2 hours late, therefore we all lost conexiones in Toronto.
All sent to crapy airport hotels. Zero effort to rebook.
Nah! Flying American next time.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

More leg room than Air Transat! That is unbelievable! Got a soda and small bag of pretzels! Quick flight...a little over an hour. It was delayed leaving Vancouver! Or course!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

One hour flight and we were delayed twice before we even got on the plane....really! Flight was on a small Dash 8 with props. Got a juice on the way over. No room in bins for carry on.Rated 2 because of delays.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

The flight was full. Offered free bag check for carry on.Not enough
compartment for luggage. It was volunteer bases. We did and it was great.

Date of travel: June 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)