“Hit and miss”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were put on this flight after a WestJet mistake. The flight from Vancouver to Mexico City went well, the staff was happy and seemed to enjoy their jobs. They offered free beer, tequila, food and earbuds which was a pleasant surprise. The flight from Mexico City to Cancun wasn't as pleasant. The staff was quite rude and clearly not as happy as the previous flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't even begin to start, but we, two white women, received terrible customer service before boarding the flight. But that was just a forewarning..After landing at our final destination, the checked bags we paid a whopping $110 to check, were opened to find all the contents in shambles, all zippers open, underwear everywhere and valuables missing. Electronics; never put them in your bags, they will steal anything of value. I learned my lesson, never flying this airline again ! Customer service hung up quickly after I explained and said "file a police report." Terrible.

1  Thank Sierra P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We used Aeromexico to get back to New York City...big mistake. As we arrive to the airport in Cancun Mexico staff placed our carryons on a scale. They didn’t only weigh our carryon bags but our book bags too. ( which they didn’t make us check) they only wanted to increase the weight so they could charge us more...Of course it was over the 25 pounds. They made us check our bags and pay 60 dollars. On the plane they were rude and dismissive to everything we asked. My wife wasn’t feeling well and was afraid to ask for water. My wife speaks Spanish so we were able to communicate but I witnessed English speaking people struggling to communicate with Aeromexico staff and were left off the flight.

Make sure you get your immigration paper filled out early because 10 people missed they flight because of staff lack of communication

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Will be better for you to spend a few more dollars than flying in Aeroméxico. My experience was terrible I was traveling with a group of 10 and they lose 6 of our suitcases for more than five days and at the end, they want to indemnify me with $100 dollar in total. I definitively NEVER will use Aeromexico again. I travel with groups 2-3 times a year but I will pay more instead of traveling with Aeromexico. Very irresponsible airline.

1  Thank NickiAlex
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While the overall flights were okay, the customer service experience related to those flights was dreadful. First, I called to ask whether special meals were available. Not a big deal, I just want to know whether to bring my own food. Customer service assured me that a special meal would be available, but it turns out no special meals are available on that flight. Strike one.

I purchased a ticket to the CBX border crossing via AeroMexico. They never updated my itinerary to show the purchase, in spite of numerous calls and the fact that their system showed I paid for the ticket. I had to buy another ticket at CBX when I got there, at a higher price. Strike two.

I upgraded my flight to first class to get the higher baggage allowance, including increased weight for my carry-on. I called to confirm the baggage allowances with customer service. When I got to the airport, the clerk told me that there was no higher weight limit for the carryon in first class, in spite of what the website and the phone rep told me. She would not check me in until I paid $185 for a third checked bag. Strike three.

I filed a complaint with the airline. Their response was that the higher weight limit for the carryon only applied to the flight segment that I'd upgraded, and they wanted to "save inconvenience" when I changed flights. This is nonsense. The additional checked bag applied to both segments. I've never had an upgrade where the increase luggage allowances applied only to the upgraded segment.

I thought Volaris was the worst airline I'd ever flown, but AeroMexico is certainly chasing them to the bottom.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank singingvegan