“First experience with this airline”
Review of Scoot

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From experience with other budget airlines I thought it was imperative to check in on line and I wasted many hours trying to do so. In the end, I had to go to the airport earlier just to queue up to check in but it was relatively hassle free as I was directed to a special counter for assisted check in, after that it was a breeze. The flight was punctual unlike some other budget airlines. The aircraft was new and clean. The pilot was well trained and experienced, navigating well through turbulence and landed smoothly. Highly recommended over some the other local budget carriers..I am flying with them again next week :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I think this airline have similiarity with tiger airways because they has mergered, affordable price for LCC, comfortable flight with no free baggage allowance (but free for cabin baggage), no meal on board, no time delay, everything is ok.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have tried to stick by Scoot but their flight delays have again failed me and my friends badly. We where delayed again departing the Gold Coast. Naturally a late arrival in Bangkok caused my friend to miss our connecting flight as he had to claim his bag and check in again although he had booked checked baggage. A issue with the Tiger- Scoot merger made it impossible for them to be able to transfer his bag over to the connecting flight, but mine and other peoples on the same connecting flight was ok? Very strange !. Although they where able to put him and his bag on another flight a few hours later it caused us a unwelcoming start to out holiday.
Coming home was a similar story with flight delays out of Bangkok for our return flight home, OMG ! Only the fact that where experianced travellers we where able to cope with the situation, less experianced people may have had bigger issues.
Now small delays i can understand, but delays of several hours with the same flights over multiple years is a issue that needs to be addressed.
It's a shame because they are a good airline but now its like their trying to fail. Look at the large percentage of bad reviews and a'lot appear to have the same issue, flight delays! I hope in time they can get their act together and fix this problem.
So for the first time in years my annual holiday flight will not be with Scoot but with another airline. Sorry Scoot but i need a airline that can depart to make a connecting flight on time. Happening once is forgivable , but multiple times over several years on the same flights, not good enough!

1  Thank Darryn P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We did an upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class at Athens Airport counter, additional EUR166 (inclusive of tax) per person. I am actually shocked to know last minute upgrade do not have the same privileges as those who purchase Business Class online. I do not think that should be the way as most times last minute upgrade is more expensive than online purchase.

Business Class seating are wider, more legs space, priority boarding and free meals onboard. If you purchase online for long haul flight usually you will be offered two meals. However for last minute upgrade you are only entitled to one meal only.

Service attitude for onboard crews were extremely polite and helpful.
However service attitude at check-in counter were pretty horrible. Slow and arrogrant!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We always take this airline if we happen to have holiday in the Philippines.
We understand its a budget airline, seats preferences if want to purchase a more comfortable a bit pricey, the staff at the check in counter were very please and accommodating at clark airport dated 02April bound to singapore. They had a genuine smile.

The aircraft staff were always helpful, the flight was almost full but they managed to accomodate their body language of helping those elderly passenger, some dirts are visible but we all know its a budget airline..
They need to improve their sound system coz most of the time when the captain and staff informed us those safety procedures, blur sounds.
Over-all, still recommend to my friends as a budget airline.