“Awful experience. AVOID”
Review of Azul

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrible airline . AVOID. Their website is a joke and we spent more than 5 hours just to buy luggage that were not included in the ticket : trap . Also this airline does not take debit card ,,, only credit card ? What is wrong with them ? After at the airport a useless person was booking us on the wrong connecting flight and I had to call the airline for hours just to change the flight. Unfortunately our luggages were not changed and did not arrive and we had to struggle during our holidays to collect them in Rio . No apologies, no compensation, nothing ! For this company it is business as usual ! Shame on them . We have other things to do during a honeymoon than to chase a dishonest and disorganized airlines. On the positive, stewardesses were doing a very good job, but it is not enough. AVOID like plague. Not cheap for the hassle.

Date of travel: June 2024

Reviewed 1 June 2024

Terrible customer service. Boarded customers with wheelchairs last making it very difficult to board the plane………..

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 19 May 2024

Worst airline ever. Please, do yourself a favor and choose a different one. I paid a lot of money for their version of premium economy, which is in between coach and business class. I did it because my husband has back problems and he can't take long flights on narrow seats. They downgraded us because they decided to change the aircraft and the new one did not have a premium economy section. Their solution? Two $50 vouchers that could not be used anywhere; they're just credit for a future booking that will never happen. We tried to talk to the lady at the counter in the airport. She could hardly understand (and I speak English and Spanish). At the end she said the flight was full and there were no other seats she could give us. She suggested to call customer service; we did. The representative said there was nothing he could do. My husband asked to speak with a supervisor, who told him the seats we purchased were subject to availability and that we had not paid for "anything special" (his words). Even if that was the case, the seats were available when we purchased the tickets and it was not our fault they decided to change the aircraft! So we ended up taking an 8-hour flight on the tiniest seats I have ever seen. We are petit (5'3", small built) and we could not even move. I don't know how taller people could handle it. On top of that, no entertainment whatsoever; no WiFi, no TV... nothing. Thankfully, on the way back home, we did get the seats we wanted. When the supervisor said we didn't pay for anything special he was right; premium economy at Azul is nothing special. No entertainment, only a little more leg room. About 4 hours after serving lunch, I asked a flight attendant if I could get some coffee. I quote his answer: "We have some coffee in the back of the plane, but you would have to get up and get it yourself". As other reviewers pointed out, nobody in the staff seems to be fluent in any language but Portuguese. You would expect people to speak English or at least Spanish in international flights... Well, not the case with Azul. I will never travel in this airline again.

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank G3442NTvivianam
Reviewed 26 April 2024

One word says it all….DON’T! Returned from 2 months travel in South America. Flew Copa, Aerolineas, LATAM and another I can’t recall….THEN flew AZUL. First any communication you perchance get is in Portuguese, without an option on the web to switch to English. Then despite ads which were sent to upgrade I NEVER received ONE email from them regarding any of the multiple changes they made to my reservation. Yes, the other airlines I noted above made changes….BUT I was made aware and could take action. AZUL never did. And when I found out that my flight had been delayed until the following day and needed to book a room for the night I was told to submit a reimbursement form for refund. Then the flight was changed AGAIN, and I was not notified, did not have the opportunity to get a refund and rebook and once I tried to put in a request for reimbursement and went through 4 weeks and 4 calls with the call center I was denied a refund because I had learned of the change through my own hunt 4 days prior to the flight, not their 3 day limit….although I would still have had to purchase the extra night regardless. Although this is annoying to say the least the call center guys put me through TONS of steps to get this accomplished and loads of time on my part, trying to get the correct receipt from the hotel (nota sfical) that I had to reach out to them about….and when it was denied they gave me an email to appeal to where no one ever even responded. The flight itself was nothing bad nor good. Just a way to get from point A to point B, but SHOULD anything at all go awry…you’ll just have to eat it. AND you better be sure to check daily if they have changed your flight because you CANNOT COUNT IN THEM to notify you!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Worst company I had to face.
First flight cancelled without any notification. Then the flight we had in exchange was by night (no choice) and 6 hours late. No compensation and no information by the company. Worst trip ever had.

Date of travel: February 2024