“Terrible experience with Azul”
Review of Azul

Reviewed 7 November 2021

I had an early morning flight from Bélem to Rio de Jainero and due to a technical problem with the connecting bus I could not get to the airport on time. The help and understanding of the company was not only non-existent despite having the intermediate fare and having paid for two extra bags, but any action on their part implied the payment of extra fees for a higher amount than my old round trip (3000BRL)... to relocate me on another flight is out of the question, it's not their problem, they have already charged...

I was finally able to find a flight for the next day with GOL for less than half the fee they were asking for at the airport counter. I hope this is helpful to others. I for one have lost a customer.

Date of travel: November 2021
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (17,226)

Reviewed 13 October 2021

My daughter (4 months), and mother had an International flight booked from Campinas to Fort Lauderdale. Last minute, there was an aircraft change (we only knew because we had to select new flights). Turns out this airplane was over 18 years old. We were the third customers to board the plane since I had my baby with me. We saw maintenance workers still on the craft. I have never seen that before. When we got to our row (14), I noticed the emergency floatation device was hanging out of the seat and some of the seats didn't recline. The airplane looked old and run down. As we were still trying to reach altitude, we heard a loud boom sound. We lost power. And you could feel the plane start to loose altitude. There was no sound as everyone started to panic. After what seemed like an eternity in the dark as we lost elevation, they were able to boot the power back on. We were diverted back to Campinas. It was the longest 20 minutes of my live as I squeezed my daughter to me. When we landed they told us it was "maintenance." However we were at the front and heard that our engine actually caught fire and they couldn't get more elevation from the second one. They struggled to put out the fire and had to reboot the system. This was a harrowing experience. And when I try to contact Azul, I was hung up on and told to "have a nice day". Something is not right! I have tried to deal with them directly but they do not want to answer me. I will not let this go! They tried to save money by gamboling with our lives!

Reviewed 12 October 2021

Terrible company. I had 4 different flights planned in Brazil. To be careful, I purchased traveler's insurance. Due to the ongoing and out of control CoVid situation in Brazil, I wanted to cancel my flights. Azul REFUSED to give me a receipt for my canceled flights so that I could get reimbursed from my insurance company. They said they don't do that, its their policy. In the age of CoVid, travelers insurance is a must. But it will not help you with this company. Everyone has had to learn to deal with CoVid except Azul. And even in the best of times, whats the point of travelers insurance when the provider has such stupid policies.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 1 October 2021

I had a terrible experience with Azul. The flight delayed to depart and to arrive, resulting in me losing my connection. I spend a lot to stay just 4 nights and 3 days in Brazil with my family and thanks to Azul I missed one of these nights. The ridiculous compensation was a voucher to a restaurant selected by them. For one dinner with my family. 25% of my staying nights and ~14% of my total time. They spent a lot of time with commercials that they are the best flying company according to trip advisor. Well, I can say I disagree completely!

Reviewed 12 September 2021

I fly quite a bit, but this is by far the best airline I know. Punctual, friendly, always new machines, the seating is 2 by 2, so you're never crammed in the middle seat.
And before the pandemic, they used to shower you with drinks and snacks, where with other airlines you barely get a cup of water.

Date of travel: July 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.