“Good Airlines”
Review of SpiceJet

Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

We have traveled with my family’s from surat to Udaipur and return
No any issue relating to flight and crew members
Good service

Date of travel: June 2019
AshutoshB210, Customer Experience at SpiceJet, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear this. Stay #RedHotSpicy.

Write a reviewReviews (5,559)

Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately the only airline operating a direct flight in this route.

Seat pitch is tight for a big person and that is considering I travelled Spicemax.
Absolutely lousy food. The only saving grace was the mouthfreshner.
Toilets were smelly.

There is no air conditioning until you are airborne. i had this exact same issue 2 years ago when i travelled the same route. Passengers had in fact started threatening to get off the flight if the air conditioning was not turned on. I thought it was a one off issue. Looks like it is one of their cost cutting methods.
The cabin crew were polite and absolutely patient, realising that i, like other passengers was sweating and they couldn't do anything.
Hope other airlines start operating this route.
An earlier flight(mumbai to madurai) was delayed by over 2 hours and the ground staff were unavailable at the scheduled departure gate for clarification.

1  Thank 123dilipn

Dear Guest,

This is not good to hear. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Please share your PNR at custrelations@spicejet.com so our team may look into it.

Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

Ground staff & air staff good at service & cooperative,Food served quality is also good but punctuality & air craft not upto mark

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear this. Stay #RedHotSpicy.

Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

I had booked my flight to Calicut for 6th July and it was a morning flight at 6:35. One I landed at the airport, I get the information the the flight is delayed for four hours. I had to be there at Calicut by 9. Because of the flight delay, I somehow managed to postpone my meeting. Later after 10 am, it was announced that the flight is cancelled and if required the passengers can cancel the ticket of reissue it for the next day. By this time all the other flights have departed. The connecting flights were also not available. The airline was least bothered about about our time and value of our business loss. There were doctors also among the passengers who had to attend surgery at Calicut. It was so easy for them to say, "if you want you can cancelled and get the refund or travel tomorrow". What's the use of going another day when you have something to do today. I finally had to book another flight which costed me more than double to travel to Calicut. I expect SpiceJet to pay for my ticket fare and the other travel expenses and the business loss happened due to their flight cancellation.

I would never recommend anyone to travel SpiceJet here after.
I would have chosen to travel by train the previous day if the flight cancellation was informed earlier...
I wouldn't have traveled by air if I knew that it would cost me so high.

1  Thank ashwinpm

Dear Guest,

We always try our best to maintain the departures as per the schedule. However at times, due to certain unavoidable reasons, we face a delay/cancellation. Please share write to us at with your PNR details at custrelations@spicejet.com so our team may look into it.

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

The spicejet International flight ticked all the wrong boxes.
1.rude staff... Hit you with the trolley and then curtly tell u to get out of the way... They don't hesitate to hit sleeping people either
2. Torn seat covers with foam peeping through
3.seats don't recline on pushing button
4.Seats throw back during take off hitting the person sitting behind
5. Pathetic inedible stale food priced 7 to 8 times the street price.
6. Staff ask for payment to shift the passenger from a broken seat to an only vacant proper one if its in the emergency exit row!!!
7. Flight delays... No apologies
8. Careless staff... Spilled an entire glass of water on a passenger because attention was on chatting with colleague rather than handing over the glass
9. If a little kid is feeling cold and asks for a blanket, the parents are told it's a paid service only for spice max customers and there are no blankets to be given to any other person!!!

All in all, even if they fly one for free one should avoid taking their flights...

Utter disgrace on the name of Indian Hospitality!

Date of travel: June 2019
3  Thank hotdoc0

Dear Guest,

This is unusual and not the standard of SpiceJet. Please share your PNR at custrelations@spicejet.com so we may take it up with the concerned head. The inconvenience caused is regretted.

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.