“Mumbai to Port Blair via Chennai”
Review of SpiceJet

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This was cheapest flight on the date with good cabin crew and stop was at chennai for 3 hours but its totally smooth and comfortable process.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Flying Spicejet after ages. Low cost flight and did not expect any frills. We had a few mosquitos for company. Flight was delayed but it was due to other issues. No complaints.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Spicejet Flight SG422 ETD was 1.05pm, i received a call/sms at 12.30pm once i was already at the airport, the flight was delayed to 3.55pm... The next airline rates are rocket high with no option for me but to cancel my plans, and following that all my connecting flights. This is utter rubbish..., Such disgusting airline should be banned from flying..
This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.. ME AND I WOULD RECOMMEND ALL THAT I KNOW NEVER TO FLY WITH SPICE JET EVER AGAIN.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I flew by Spice Jet after a gap of few years. The Airlines has changed so much, it was a WoW experience.
My congratulations to Mr. Ajay Singh for turning around the Airlines into a professional one after he took it back from the Maran brothers.

2  Thank MadhuR300
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I've flown SpiceJet a few times and they were very good but I stopped using them for a few years after their financial status looked a bit shaky and I switched to Indigo and Jet. For a booking to Dharamashala they were offering a better price than Air India so I decided to book.

Have your wits about you. If you don't read all the boxes and check everything, you may well find they are adding 'extras' that you don't want. I had to go back and start again to avoid 196 rupees of extras for some kind of 'assurance' that I suspected probably wouldn't apply to non Indian travellers.

I was also disgusted to discover right at the end of the booking process that there was a 1000 rupee extra charge for paying. Credit card, debit card, bank transfer - it seemed there was NO WAY to avoid that. This fee represented an extra 6% on the cost of the booking. Even Ryanair wouldn't be able to get away with tricks like that. They also try to get you to pay an extra 1000 (250 per person per flight) for a seat booking - you have to hunt around to work out how to remove that charge too.

I felt a bit conned. And now reading about all the cancellations people have experienced, I'm also building back up plans in case the whole thing goes wrong.