“Delayed flight, long wait”
Review of Porter Airlines

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Porter delayed our flight by several hours without warning. We did not receive notice until we saw it on the screens at the airport after checking in. The reason given was that there was a mechanical issue with the plane in Toronto so they had to fix it or send another plane. Another passenger said they do it when the flight isn't full. The planes should be inspected well before the flight so that this doesn't happen. We did not receive the email notification of the delay until much later. We could have slept in and arrived at the airport later. It's not fun waiting several hours in an airport terminal with a young child, especially one that doesn't have good children play areas. It significantly delayed our arrival at our destination and affected our travel plans. We ended up receiving a credit towards another flight. Always check your flight before leaving for the airport and keep this in mind when booking with Porter. My daughter has a serious peanut allergy and we also encountered issues with our seats and the so-called nut-free zone. First they made us change seats from our chosen seats. The seating area was supposed to be cleaned and it clearly wasn't.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank ShannonH1584

Reviewed 14 October 2018

This was my first time flying Porter Airlines. Everything went quite smoothly. I had checked in online. Arrived at the airport with lots of time as I wasn't sure exactly where I had to go. Staff were friendly. Good snacks on the plane (with real glasses!). I would not recommend row 7 as your view is the propeller of the plane. It's loud and the seat vibrated the whole way. Other than that, I had a great flight. Will consider them again if the price is right.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My grandparents flew Porter Airlines in August 2018 and absolutely loved the convenience and accessibility of the airport. The airport is much smaller than Pearson airport and therefore requires much less walking with your bags. It is also very close to downtown. The lounge is very comfortable and they loved how Porter provides complimentary coffee, water and snacks.

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank Holly G
Reviewed 12 October 2018

PD 242 is Porter’s regular flight from Billy Bishop Airport to Thunder Bay, scheduled to leave at 20:15.

After a very busy and tiring three working days in Toronto, I was booked on this flight on a Sunday evening. Being tired I was looking forward to getting home as soon as I could.

But first our flight was pushed back to 21:45, in other words a ninety-minute delay. After a series of further delays, we in fact did not take off until 22:50, two and a half hours after our scheduled departure.

The inbound flight for our plane appeared to be the culprit, since that flight from Ottawa was greatly delayed. And of course, in the game of interlocking dominos that is airline scheduling, it may well that the inbound flight for that Ottawa to Thunder Bay flight was delayed as well, but I did not check that.

We dodged a bullet, in that we were able to take off before the the curfew time for air traffic at Billy Bishop, which is apparently 11 p.m.

So, all in all, a considerably less than impressive performance. We did better than the unfortunate people trying to get to Sault Ste Marie, whose flight was cancelled Sunday evening.

Getting to your destination late is better than not getting there at all, but the seeming unpredictability of air travel makes it less than pleasant at times.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank SeanOden
Reviewed 11 October 2018

This was a direct flight which would have cost us twice as much through Air Canada. The attendants were friendly and helpful. The flight was on time and they even offered a free beer, glass of wine pop, tea or coffee along with a snack. On a two hour flight thhis was more than any of the major airlines give you for free.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)