“Great service on board...BUT......”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in a party of 9 travelling to Cairns from Sydney and arrived at the gate soon after the departure boards showed gate open, but apparently according to the horrible woman running the gate were were about to be offloaded from the flight for being too late! There were still 30 minutes before the flight scheduled departure. The flight had boarded early and was still running well ahead of schedule yet she took it upon herself to be the grumpy annoying face for the airline rather than being positive. Really helped to ruin our opinion of Virgin. All service after this was fantastic as we normally receive from this airline. I have been flying Virgin for many years and will continue to do so - just wish annoying people like her would be employed in roles that are not customer facing if they become agitated so easily and then take it out on the people paying to keep them employed! When we walked down the air bridge there was still a queue waiting to board the plane...Our flight left the gate 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and took off 4 minutes later,.......

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
2  Thank jeremysowell

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was ment to land at 12 it’s now 12:45 and to add to that, baggage took about 15 minutes to start coming, I have to be late for my job meeting now it’s disgusting how unprofessional this is... I would never fly with this airline again.

1  Thank Madison R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very sad to be leaving Hobart and my parents after a lovely week in Tas. The flight boarding was seamless, the flight took off five minutes early. The staff were all great, the flight was a little bumpy here and there, with a rocky, bumpy landing, but it was very windly, so understandable. We arrived safely and no one showed concern. The flight arrived about ten minutes earlier than predicted. I'm short, so leg room not an issue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was delayed for two hours or so, due to window needing replacement and finding the right parts or something, but I'd rather have a two hour delay and know the job was completed properly than have problems while in the air. Once the problem was rectified our captain.. Jack somebody. I remember the name because I'm Jill and well.. Lets just say I hoped not to be tumbling after : )). Captain Jack rocketed over to Hobart in just 3 and a half hours, once we got going. A smooth pleasant flight. The airline attendants.. what ever they are called these days... were very pleasant, even though they missed my seat when serving the food.. they made up for it by managing to find a meal for me eventually and allowing my hubby to have his drink on the house. The meal, a vegetarian pasta that frankly looked like the contents of a spew bag, was actually very tasty. The landing was also smooth and I highly recommend Captain Jack... I don't think his last name was Sparrow ; ). NB: I'm only 5ft tall and small build, so leg room and seat room was not an issue. The seats were very comfortable btw.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our returning flight from Fiji was amazing larger plane more leg room movies to watch and hosties as for the flight over where fantastic, plane was clean food good

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)