“Great Flight”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Great flight and great crew on board. Had a good experience on the flight and would possibly do it again if needed.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I always fly with Virginia Australia but this sealed the deal for an awesome airline.
I flew back Sunday night from a Snowtrip in Queenstown, which I broke both my wrists.
I must say when my friends dropped me off st the airport. I had to struggle pushing two oversize bags, carrying a backpack with the state I was in. At ZQN airport the male flight attendant was very helpful from the start and even took my oversize luggage to the drop off.

Once we arrived in BNE the lovely female attendant (Happy birthday) to her and she asked for assistance once I got off.

The ground crew gentleman that helped me with my luggage from the start to my vehicle that was parked at Intl. BNE airport parking. You are an "STAR"

Thank you for an awesome service and wish I could remember the names, but surely will remember the faces.

I am very independent but it made me realise that in my state it was ok to ask for help.
I'm so impressed with the gratitude I received from all three Virgin members.

Hope to see you all soon!

Regards,
Jenette

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This complaint is due to the lack of information provided to a member of the velocity program if they are offered a promotion by one of their partners.
My husband and i fly religiously every weekend due to work commitments and always fly Virgin. I was offered a Explore Gold card. In 2015 as a family we were advised to pool if we didnt fly that much. 2017 bought new positions which require us to fly every weekend. On receiving this promotion, it informed me i would need to fly certain amount a routes to maintain gold. No where does it state if you are pooling, you will need to cancelling so you can participate in this program. It actually doesnt mention anything about this. It simple states you need 80 status credits which is 4 return or 1 business return etc. When booking another flight this morning i have realised it still states i need 80 status credits. I phoned customer relations who said sorry but i am a supervisor and this is as high as your complaint can go and we cant do anything about this and it is EXPECTED our members are aware of these conditions. EXPECTED?? and NOTHING we can do and sorry but our partner offered this promotion. This is not how you speak to customers and no result. I asked to speak to a manager and be told no im the highest is disgusting service. Normally i speak very highly of virgin compared to its competitors but this has really dented this rapport.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 August 2017

All the reasons that we chose to fly with Virgin went oput the window on this flight. We had checked in online and had to go to 3 different machines to get our bag tag even thought the ones we used were supposed to be able to print the labels. Then we joined a very long queue for the bag drop, In fact the Check in line was moving faster than the bag drop. There was no where near enough staff to cope with the numbers. The staff, when we finally got to the bag drop were friendly. The flight itself was ordinary, not a lot of smiles from the cabin crew and when they finally came around with the snack they clean missed our row and were huffy about having to come back. Was hanging out for a cup of tea or wouldn't have bothered as the snacks are always ordinary.
In summary I can say all the reasons that we chose Virgin over Jetstar went out the window. (could have saved a bit of money by flying with Jetstar) but on this one they out Jetstarred Jetstar.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Virgin is not what I expected at all.
My wife and I were allowed 23kg each, my bags came in at 43kg, 3kg lower than allowed, but as one bag was 26kg, I was forced to re pack at the counter to even the weights or pay excess. The only ever airline to make me do this.
The flight had a two hour delay, due to a last minute aircraft swap. Missed the connecting flight in Sydney due to the delay, no offer of a meal of anything on a 6 hour wait for the next flight.
No blankets if cold, no entertainment unless you use your own device and their app.
I always considered virgin to be a premium service. Not anymore.

;