“Great Experience”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 26 June 2017

As this was our first time flying international business class we couldn't compare it to any other airline. The short flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles was very comfortable with exceptional service. We had nearly a 7 hour wait for our next flight to Brisbane where we had the use of the Etihad Lounge. This lounge was quite ordinary, we had hoped for more comfortable seating as it was such a long wait. The service was very good for the last leg of our trip, food was delicious. I thought the staff would ask if anything was needed during the trip, but didn't. You have to actually push the call button to get their attention for anything. This might be normal, I wasn't sure. They are very happy to help you with anything of course, once called. On arrival at the airport our bags came very quickly and we were so happy that everything went smoothly at Brisbane airport once we arrived.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

From the time we arrived at the airport to the time we flew out the experience was great.
Checked in, had quick passage through customs due to priority booking and able to use the flight lounge for breakfast.
The seating was generous and staff very good with them helping the elder flyers put their luggage in rack.
Being able to access and leave the plane first was great, and we were thru customs very quickly the other side.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Virgin is a partner of Air New Zealand but provides significantly inferior services. The seats are less comfortable the food is very average and the entertainment systems are poor - you have to provide your own!! Their flight times are convenient.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

No inflight entertainment on 5 hour flight. At start of flight an announcement was made that the inflight entertainment was being rebooted. Hal an hour or so into the flight I stil couldn't access the system - not on my seat nor on the vacant seat next to me. I asked a stewardess for assistance and was told she would reboot my system. Some time later she came back to check whether that had fixed it - it hadn't. So she tried a few systems at empty seats nearby - but without any more success. In the end I had to make do with amusing myself - mainly by looking out of the window. It was a shame really as there were a couple of films I would like to have seen.

Personally, I wasn't over keen on the leather seats.

Scored 2 for customer service - scored for both the inflight and preflight service.

Check-in wasn't very well signposted. The only two signs I could see were for domestic and group flights; although flying from Melbourne to Perth on this leg I was, in fact, an international traveller as I was flying on from Perth to Abu Dhabi. Knowing I wasn't part of a group, I decided to join the queue for domestic. Just one place from the front I managed to speak to a member of staff to explain my flight plan - rather curtly, she told me to go to another desk. Fortunately there wasn't anyone else waiting so at least I didn't have to queue again. Just wish she'd been at the start of the cattle lines !!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

So the flight back didn't include an free meals, only 1 form 3 hotties were doing most of the work while the other 2 sat in the back of the pane, and their was a screaming infant the entire flight!

The flight over was the opposite and when I asked the steward this his response was almost like he didn't care.