“Very Good Service”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excelent service at Birmingham and was able to drop off luggage straight away Had pre-printed boarding pass. Our return flight was at 21:30 and we had been unable to print our return boarding passes. We returned to the airport early only to find we couldn't drop off our luggage before the check-in oppened 2 hrs before boarding. This was why I only gave a score 4 out of 5. However, once check-in opened we had a swift book-in with no extra charges - well done

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight on time. comfortable seating. Only downside is the smallish size of the overhead lockers, which make it difficult to squeeze in a well packed case - even if within size limits.A problem - possibly not of the Airlines' making - is that my flight was from Terminal 3, which is the worst Airport Terminal I've ever experienced - and that says something..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a route I travel a lot and it is mostly a very good service. The only criticism I have are that the overhead lockers are probably the smallest in the world! However, much better service now that you can have your boarding card on your phone.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife (69) and myself (65) were on our way to Birmingham airport on Sunday the 19th August to catch the 14.20 Flybe BE7045 flight to Düsseldorf from where we would then catch the once a week flight from Dusseldorf to Sharm el Sheikh early next morning, on the way to the airport I received a “no reply” email from Flybe telling me the flight was cancelled, not to worry I could get a refund or rebook so the email said, no phone number to call just nothing, the email was not seen until we got to the airport.

At the Flybe counter we waited in the “customer service” line for 35 mins, got to the desk and handed over to an out stretched hand my already checked in boarding paper to be told rather abruptly that I was at the wrong desk for “check in” baggage, so I asked her to look again at the boarding paper to which I was told the flight was cancelled and she would re book me on the next morning’s flight, sorry I said, (surly she should have said sorry) I need to be in Düsseldorf today so could she check the afternoon flight, no she said all flights are fully booked, what about any flights to anywhere in Germany as I could at least then get a train to Düsseldorf, no again she said, all flights were fully booked, could you check other Flybe flights from other UK airports please, no point all flights fully booked she said, I asked her what my options were in getting to Germany today, none, I can only book you a flight tomorrow was the reply, could you check other airlines I asked, no again. I asked what help Flybe would give me in getting to another airport, none she said.

Determined not to go into meltdown I thanked her for her help and walked away, It’s worth saying here what Flybe’s website (headed “Delayed & Cancelled Flights Advice”) says as their “Commitment to you” the customer.

Flybe are committed to giving you a safe, efficient and friendly service and you have the right to expect…..

1. A Safe, Reliable and punctual journey. (one out of three achieved I think)
2. Polite, professional and considerable staff who are readily available to provide help if you need it. (I think they mean considerate but even if they did nothing they say here did they deliver)
3. That service standards promised in our advertising and promotional material. (well that is really a joke.

I think the Advertising Standards Authority needs to have a look at that as it really is misleading.

What an experience, customer service it said, I was pleased that I wasn’t rude and kept calm even with what I considered was an appalling attitude and service.

I did look round to check if I had been to the Flybe customer service desk as over the past 20 years of flying to Germany I have always had good service from Flybe, those 20 years spent working for a German company saw me flying sometimes twice a week, so I just could not believe what I had just experienced.

As we walked away not knowing what we were going to do I bumped into another couple older than ourselves who were most distraught as there seemed to have experienced the same level of service & care, how do they tell the people waiting at Düsseldorf they won’t be arriving and how do they get home they said.

So with my mind set on getting to Germany I sat my wife down with coffee and went to work on the iPad, I even went to the KLM, AIR LINGUS & Ryanair desks, all were helpful people even Ryanair, no flights or seats, tried to find the airport information desk and guess what? They don’t have one at Birmingham so off to the Swissport ground staff desk on the off chance of help, I was now clutching at straws. Can you help please? Anywhere in Germany I said, Düsseldorf? Yes please I said. The first option was via Dublin but transfer time was short, then.... but from Manchester, eight tonight but it was Eurowings on business class, now was I going back to someone drinking coffee and telling her that our Egypt annual holiday was off? so I booked those seats, through the very nice man from Swissport, he even told me the train times from Birmingham and how to get to the airport from the Manchester Piccadilly station, now that was service.

Swissport you’re great, I have now forgotten the times I have waited at Birmingham for my bags even the time it took you longer to get them from the plane to the carousel than it did to fly back from Dusseldorf.

I still haven’t told the wife how much but I’m hoping that the addition cost of the flight plus the train fares to get to Manchester etc will in a big way be part of the compensation I get from Flybe, I think we all know the answer to that one is.

I have yet to contact Flybe as I’m still trying to calm down I shall wait till then mind you they have not contacted me, nobody has told me why the flight was cancelled in the manner it was, I’m still getting emails telling me to fly with Flybe, promoting some special offer of some kind and of course telling me how wonderful they are.

On our return 3 weeks later 11th September BE7042, guess what? the Flybe plane that is last flight of the day for Flybe to Dusseldorf from Birmingham, stays overnight and then becomes the return First flight the next morning 07.40 back to Birmingham was cancelled, the 07.40 still showing as “on-time” when we were checking in some 2 hours after it should have left Dusseldorf back to Birmingham, the Flybe check in desks are all staffed by non Flybe employees as I think they are for most if not all non UK Flybe destinations, the check in was crowded,(two B’ham and Manchester flights) the check in staff did not know what was happening,(there words) In the end we checked in for our 10.20 flight but the boarding cards had the 07.40 flight on it, strange that until you think about the cost to Flybe of cancelled flight compensation, what they did was to use the first flight from Birmingham to Dusseldorf to become the 07.40 and not the 10.20 thus making that flight delayed by 3 hours and not a cancelled one which saves Flybe a lot of money, all passengers from both flights boarded the 10.20, unbelievable way to operate an airline, so saving compensation is more important than customer service.

Flybe cancelled the 10.15 BE7042, but that plane and arrived at Dusseldorf on time from Birmingham, I think that proves in my mind the saving of cancelled flight compensation, as they only did that when all passengers on the BE7042 had been checked in on the early flight BE7040.

Well when I read all the Flybe slogans like “faster than Road or train” I wonder which airline Flybe are promoting, a lot at the moment is being recorded on forums concerning Flybe, I can’t believe some of the experiences other people have had, but to me after using them for the past 20 years I wonder what’s ahead for an airline which fly rather older smaller propeller planes on routes I know are not glamorous but they chose to Fly there but there again perhaps people would fly more with an airline who used modern more comfortable planes, employed staff who were helpful and had more flights on time with far less cancellations, now that would be clever.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent flight, so easy. Right from bag drop (had checked in on line) through security and boarding it was seamless and straightforward. We touched down a little early so all in all it was great. All staff we met were friendly and helpful. I’ll fly with them again.