“They get you there safely”
Review of Vieques Air Link

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Ferry is inexpensive, but takes a whole lot longer than flying. And non-residents can get bumped. So we fly, and we use Vieques Air Link.
VAL will get you there safely and quickly. No airline gives you loads of room or luxury when you're island hopping.
I really wish their weight limit were the same as other airlines (35lbs. for VAL, 50lbs. for major carriers from the states); we've gotten hit hard ($$) for being overweight. Annoying as hell. Women's purses and any carry-ons are weighed and added to your weight total. Not that you need a big wardrobe in Vieques, but I'm a diver and my wife is a snorkeler. Masks, snorkels fins, camera and regulator add up quickly.
Planes are small and loud - earplugs a very good idea.
Fares are better than competitors, but higher than they should be, in my opinion (approx. $150 pp round trip from Isla Grande to Vieques; higher from SJU to Vieques).
But VAL runs pretty much on time, weather permitting, and they get you to Vieques or Culebra* and back quickly and safely. And the airline isn't the reason you're going anyway, right?
*They also fly out of Ceiba, the former Roosevelt Roads Naval Base

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We opted to fly to Vieques instead of the ferry - glad we did. Arrived 60min prior to flight. Easy check-in, friendly staff, on time 10min flight. Great views!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This was our first time on a small airplane and it was an incredible flight, everyone enjoyed the trip. There were just beautiful views flying to/from Vieques Island. My daughter was co-pilot (which meant she got to sit up front) along with 8 others on the short flight. The pilots in both directions where very nice. WARNING--only 30lbs of luggage are allowed per person; anything over that is $1 per pound. This was a problem for us as we were staying 12 days on Vieques and had full sized luggage. Be prepared for You and all your things to be weighed on checkin. The small Airport Terminals have very little amenities, so don't expect anything in that area. This is a good alternative to the ferry and we would fly Vieques Airlink again in the future.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This small plane was a fun way to leave Vieques for San Juan. We took the ferry there and decided to use the plane on our way home. We are so glad we did!! We had a fun, quick 20 minute flight and it saved us so much hassle. It did take off 30 minutes late, but my sister and I were the only two passengers. We booked it the day before and received an email with our e ticker number and had no problem checking in.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

It was a short flight of 71/2 minutes, in an 8 seater plane. The check in was normal, but they restrict the luggage a lot - I guess due to the weight limitations.