“Quick and Easy Vieques Flight”
Review of Vieques Air Link

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Easy, quick flight from San Juan to Vieques. Pilot was personable and informative. Because all f the passengers had arrived early, we departed ahead of schedule and arrived on Vieques even sooner than we had hoped.
You can fly from San Juan Intl to Vieques, or spend $20 to take a publico (cab) to Isla Grande airport and save a good bit on your air fare. Except when the weather stormy, it's a beautiful flight from either airport.

Date of travel: August 2016
    • Food and Beverage

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Great value and nice facilities. Anything over 30 pounds is $1.00 extra. They weigh everything! Purses, cameras, luggage, carry on etc. airport was not air conditioned but had fans blowing. Loaded everyone into the plane based on weight. Pilot was nice and gave us a great ride. 10 minute flight from Ceiba, verses an hour long ferry ride.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

This flight was an awesome choice vs. the ferry, which we heard had some recent scheduling issues. There is also something to be said about arriving at the airport 10 minutes before flight time, getting on and departing right on time, or earlier if everyone has checked in, all 6-8 people to be exact.

All staff, from the desk to the pilot super nice - and the thrill of the small planes is always fun - escpecially if you hit a couple pockets of bumpy air.

We opted to take a few extra things which we had heard we couldn't purchase on the island (groceries) so it put us over the our 30# limit - but the extra weight charged at $1 per pound was well worth it.

The cab fare from SJU to this airport was $21, and took about 15 minutes.

We look forward to another fun flight!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Vieques Air Link was on time and provided great service on my flights from San Juan to Vieques and back. However, my issue with VAL was that on my return flight from Vieques I chose to purchase a more expensive flight that let me arrive in the larger airport in San Juan (Luis Munoz Marin), instead of the smaller airport (Isla Grande). My flight home was leaving from Luis Munoz Marin and I didn't want to worry about getting from one airport to another in time.

As I checked in for my flight from Vieques to Luis Munoz Marin I was informed that I would be flying into the Isla Grande airport and they would provide myself, along with two other passengers transportation from one airport to the other. The timing of this wasn't a huge issue for me as they were on time (I actually think we left early) and I had a decent amount of time until my next flight. However, the other two gentleman had a flight earlier than mine and had the stress of worrying about missing their flight as we waited for the van, which was unfortunate.

My issue is that the flight into the Luis Munoz Marin was almost twice as much as the flight into the Isla Grande airport, and I certainly would have bought a flight into Isla Grande if I had known I was going to fly into the smaller airport regardless of what flight I actually bought. I expressed this to the VAL employee and he said that they would be able to provide me with a credit. I then asked if they would credit it back on my credit card to which I was informed that they wouldn't, but I would have a credit with VAL that I can use within a year's time. This is a small airline that goes to one place, and I will not be flying into it again anytime soon, so it does me no good.

Just beware when you buy your flight from VAL if you are looking to fly into Louis Muroz Marin because you may pay more money to end up at the smaller airport anyway.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

This was our second time flying VAL. They were efficient, friendly and timely. This time I was not as careful with the 30 lb. limit per person, so I was charged $1 per pound ($26) for over weight luggage. I thought it was fair, considering it was my fault.

Date of travel: June 2016
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)