“BE WARNED AND READ OTHER REVIEWS”
Review of Lanmei Airlines

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Our original flight on Angkor air was cancelled so we were changed to Lanmei which unlike many of the reviews posted, did take off on time. The flight was good and the seating was up to normal standards.
Our big problem is that when we checked in our two suitcases weighing 37 kilo we were advised we have a 15 kilo limit and that will be 21 US dollars extra. We have traveled extensively and cheap airlines like Ryan air and German wings etc. have these policies but then their fare is cheap.
Lanmei's fares are not cheap and they want to rip of the tourist with these luggage restrictions unlike Vietnam Air, Angkor Air and others flying out of Siem Reap.
Be warned and don't fly them unless you have to unless they come in to line with their baggage allowance.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Our 30 minute flight from Phnom Penh was delayed by 8.5 hours. Lanmei airport staff had no clear information, so customers were told nothing. Lanmei management did not support the staff and left them alone to deal with all the angry customers with no supervisor or manager coming to deal with the issue. Many other half-empty flights left during the afternoon with other airlines. Lanmei airport staff asked their management if they could put passengers on other flights, but management refused. The young airport staff were so upset they could not stop crying. We called the Lanmei office but they hung up on us then stopped answering the phone. They didn't even give us any food or water... Worst airline experience ever. Still waiting for the rescheduled flight, I hope it actually comes.

Date of travel: September 2018
4  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Booked flights through Baolau Siem Reap to Phnom Penh way back in March flight was to leave at 2.15pm on September 4... got an email end of March from Baolau saying flight time had changed to 21.05, bit late for us but what the heck we’re on holiday, get to airport no sign of anybody from Lanmei airlines!!! We ended up paying for another airline and it cost us $320US! Baolau were told our flight left at 2.15 and we were no shows! So disappointed ! Heard from lady at the airport that they had somebody turn up the same day for 2.15 flight and it was a non event....think there are a few porkies been told out there. I only circled 1 star cos I had to☹️

Date of travel: September 2018
4  Thank MichelleK3435
Reviewed 5 September 2018

My review sound like fiction but it's completely real and I'd sue this airline if it were for not this country's corruption and its deep Chinese connections. They sold me a flight that didn't exist, yes it can happen in Cambodia, or as some say scamcombodia especially now that this country is officially a dictatorship and bought out by Chinese companies like Lanmei. I bought a roundtrip ticket through Kiwi.com originating in Phnom Penh to Hanoi. When I was on my last leg home to PP, I landed in Siem Reap in the evening of April 23rd with nearly a 3 hour layover. I did however go directly to Lanmei's domestic counter to confirm by flight to PP despite the fact that Kiwi had already issued a guarantee. They told me to come back later which I did several times before they finally admitted, after the last flight to PP, that there was a mistake and I'd arrived 5 hours too late despite the fact that my itinerary was all laid out in black and white. They seemed to acknowledge some problem but I was stranded without a flight to return to work the next day. I called and called, and called both parties without any refund or even an apology. I didn't give up, I pressured Kiwi because I paid them and they finally relented while telling me they could no response from Lanmei. Lanmei is a thieving, scum airline.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money
3  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Siem Reap airport for our cheap 30 usd flight to Phnom penh. Part of me thinks I can't complain when the price is so low but what is just so annoying was the failure of Lanmei to email the passengers to let them know of the retiming. Lots of people turned up to the airport only to find out then that there was a long wait.

We went back to our hotel and spent 16 usd on the two extra taxi journeys. Glad we got more pool time in, disappointed no information anywhere from Lanmei.

They altered the schedule of the flight rather than delaying it. If you check their flight history it looks like everything is always on time!

Date of travel: August 2018