“Be careful with this newer low cost Airline”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 28 November 2018

After reading all of the horror stories regarding this new subsidiary of Iberia Airlines, I feel very fortunate to have no disasters on the one-way "Red Eye" flight from Los Angeles to Barcelona taken recently. Having booked this via our travel agent eight months earlier. She was curious to find a fare online for under $200. Actually had a supervisor call Spain to verify the fare before booking. Remembering the adage "if it's too good to be true," keep this in mind. They fly very limited routes, and it looks like they may have deleted this one (I got on their web site to see if pricing changed).

Got to the airport early then went to the Iberia check in. The person was nice, cordial, and when we presented our pre-printed boarding passes, he noticed our old and well fed bodies might not enjoy mid plane economy. He offered to switch seats to bulkhead (front row center) at no additional charge. Nice! Well, he had to get a supervisor to issue a credit as the system auto charged the credit card for this seat change. And the checked bag fee I thought it was supposed to be $95 per first bag each. It looked like he styled us out we thought that was for both, alas credit card statement came $92, then $110 for the other??. Fine print states $100 for first checked bag. small issue compared to others read. Hey, it's the thought that counts.

They have two classes Economy and Premium. If you value comfort on a long flight consider upgrading, as the cost is still reasonable compared to typical business class. Read all of their check lists and assume nothing. Economy has checked bag fees, and if you want food / beverage service you best pre-pay when booking. We didn't, and got extremely dehydrated in flight. We noticed most folks in the terminal eating a full meal well before boarding (should have been our first clue) we had actually placed a sandwich in our carry on backpack to eat mid-flight (didn't happen).

They load the plane back to front, so we were in the last group, Family of eight that pre- boarded.with two little kids, took all of the overhead bins (most airlines reserve one bin for bulkhead seats as there is no seat in front to stow) We snagged one four rows behind on the aisle. Those folks got shorted. Flight attendants need to monitor what is going on, as other airlines post it on the overhead bin. My roomy seat came with a two year old lap sitting on Mom right behind me. Lucky me! (he eventually fell asleep and stopped kicking my seat back).

I wanted to buy a soft drink and retrieve my sandwich, but the order screen didn't work and getting the attention of the crew was a joke. If you do not pre-order the meal, you are kinda persona non grata the rest of the flight. I was eventually able to buy a drink with a credit card on their mobile device 2 hours before landing. She acted like she was doing me a huge favor. There was some turbulence in flight, But dare to get up and be scolded by the crew. "No going to the bathroom now, stay in your seats" as one person found out. I was able to sleep a good portion of the flight. One thing the crew was obsessed with was keeping the little curtains closed that separated the "premium" cabin from us.Snapping them open and closed like a switchblade, that was the priority.

The money saved in total was sorta worth it, I doubt I will fly them again, as I feel it could have been an even less enjoyable experience. "Caveat Emptor" dear traveler, do your homework.

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank maitaimike2015
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to address a couple of the points that you brought up. We fly to limited routes as we only launched last year and it takes time to get new planes and new routes added to our network. However we do fly from Barcelona to 5 destinations, Paris to 3 destinations and Vienna to 11 European destinations.
We're sorry to hear that your onboard experience wasn't great. With regards to purchasing food, as you worked out, you need to do this through the seat back screen. Lastly, we're glad to hear that the money saved in total was "sorta" worth it as we're all about giving customers a choice.

Reviewed 28 November 2018

Worst customer service ever. They lost my computer. and they say they do not hold themselves responsible for it... THROUGH AN EMAIL. never spoke to a real person because they only have like 3 people that work behind the phones. I hated my experience with the,

5  Thank Daniela M
Reviewed 24 November 2018

Worst company ever. On 18th of September 2018 I made my travel to New York. They lost my luggage with 23Kg. All my stuff. The lady from the company at the airport told me they could not make a claim since it was first travel of the company to that airport, and the system for PNR tracking lost luggage was not deployed from them. Told me to come back next day. I came back following the day. And the system did not work either. Came back to the airport two days later. AND THE SYSTEM TO TRACK MY LUGGAGE DID NOT WORK EITHER. I spent almost 300 dollars and they did not solve anything. At this point the company does not take responsibility. If you call the customer service, they say they cannot help because I did not fill the PNR complain at the airport. What the heck! YOUR SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK! Three months later, after all calls, they did not offer any help yet. We are going to court.

Date of travel: September 2018
7  Thank jaruizso
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

It was our second flight with Level. First time, we got seats together, but this time they separated us, in half empty plane (while I was checking in). I am afraid of flying so it really pissed me off, I had to pay extra for our seats. They invited last rows to board first, so when we came in (we were 6st row) we didn’t have any empty space for our luggage (and we couldn’t put it under the sit, it was too big) but the stuff were so kind and helpful, so they put away all bags that can be under the seat, and made place for our.

1  Thank 93milica
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Thanks for your review 94milica. Unfortunately, sometimes it will be difficult to find space in the overhead lockers that's why we recommend you check them in if possible. However, we're glad to hear that our crew managed to find some space for yours.

Reviewed 15 November 2018

After reading the reviews I was not overly excited about our flight from Paris to Martinique, but finally everything was good. We get food and drinks because they changed the plane at the last minute.We can recommend !

3  Thank sophiecG1830QW

Thanks for trying us out for yourself and we're glad you enjoyed your flight.