“On time, efficient, but NO leg room”
Review of TAME Vuela Ecuador

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Our flight was on time. Both counter staff and flight staff were friendly and efficient. They offered a complimentary sandwich and complimentary drinks. There was no fee for a checked bag. We flew on a couple of different flights with Tame. Our only complaint is that we have never had less leg room on any of our flights, and we have flown a lot.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Traveling is so unpleasant, the customer's rep treat you like trash, then airline believes they are above the law, because the belong to the Ecuadorian Govt. Oh they become worst once you touch Ecuadorian grounds, The treatment gets worst, Delays goes above an hour to 3 hrs without any explanation or consideration to their customers. Steffany one of the flight attendant, rolled her eyes, when I told her that the old lady seating next to me was unable to fill out the customs form she couldn't read nor write in any language, Steffany became more upset when i told her that the same old lady needed a wheelchair, because her legs got swollen during the flight. This airline doesn't have a heart. They all should be retrained. None of these stupid people will ever get a job in the USA with that attitude and bad heart. I will not recommend this Arline to anyone, specially if you have a handicapped relative

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This was the absolute worst airline experience I've ever had. From check in to arrival was a nightmare. It was exceptionally difficult flying with a disabled spouse. To top things off, on our return flight from Baltra to Quito we were forced to pay an additional $600 because of an error on their website that "undercharged us for our flights". They were unapologetic about the error and refused to check us in without us "finding a way to pay them their money". There were 7 passengers on our flights who were forced to pay hundreds of dollars or they would be held captive at GSP. Ironically, there was no issue getting us to GSP but once stranded on Baltra they force you to pay in order to get home. It's actually robbery. One Canadian woman refused to pay the fee and could not speak Spanish so the TAME ticket clerk (who was also the supervisor!) dramatically ripped her ticket in half and threw it in the air. He then told her to pay or she'd miss her flight. We only booked this airline because LATAM was on strike when we originally purchased our tickets. Had I known then what I know now, I would have built a raft and floated to Baltra before booking with TAME.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank 3astCoas1
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I flew into Cuenca from NYC. We found Tame to be the most inexpensive airline (for a family of 4) but we found out why: the seating is cramped, the planes are old (with rips/holes in the seats) and it has tv screens that don't work. Traveling with kids for a 6 hour trip it really isn't that convenient. The airline makes more than enough money to fix at least the tv situation. Also, some flight attendants aren't that nice and their costumer service needs to improve. My husband and I were yelled as we were entering the plane (Even after our luggage passed with flying colors at their counter) because my 4 four year old son and I were not carrying our own carryon bags (my daughter and husband were each carrying 2 each because I was walking behind with my son and his stroller), In the website it said that if the child is above 2yrs old he can travel with a carryon (up to 17lbs) and 2 50lbs luggage for international flights (and that's exactly what we did). This flight attendant was complaining that my son needed to be able to carry the bag himself, the way she approached my husband, was unacceptable!
Not sure if I'm flying Tame again, perhaps in an emergency but for leisure and with kids, no way!

3  Thank Jessie L
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We selected a slightly more expensive flight because it was direct from Quito to Baltra and back. The return trip was direct but flying out we made a stop at Guayaquil to pick up more passengers. We probably should have save a couple bucks and taken the one stop flight.
Our return trip had a slightly different challenge. After we boarded the plane we found ourselves waiting for an hour before taking off. Overall, no big deal but the driver we had waiting for us in Quito was not thrilled at the late arrival.
In general, I would use them again but I would expect things to be "loose."