We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
37 reviews
Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please let me know if the Bellevue property is beachfront? I read on one of the reviews that you need to walk quite a bit before accessing the beach? Also, how big is the resort? And what's the food like?

With regards to Be Live Hamaca...it has very mixed reviews, so I'm really conflicted... Can someone please tell me if it's a decent property? I'm not interested in glamour... All I want is a clean property that's beachfront, with a NICE beach.

Which property is best?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
1 review
1. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

I suggest you look at Punta Cana for much nicer beach front properties. While those two properties may be nice, Boca Chica is a very seedy town.

2. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 March 2016, 06:23
Canaan,NY
Level Contributor
160 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

Have not stayed at the Dominican Bay, but I do go to the Hamaca 2x per year. Boca Chica is a bit seedy. It is ok to walk around during the day, but I would not go into the town at night. The Hamaca staff is terrific. They are all very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful. I would strongly er comment that you stay on the ocean side rather than the garden side. For the price I think that you can't beat it. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

I do not recommend Boca Sida at all. But to answer the OP's question, the Be Live is the nicer of the two hotels she mentioned. The Bellvue is a block from the beach but they have a small bar, snack area and beach chairs on the beach exclusively for the guests. There is a walkway connecting the beach area to the hotel.

The beach and water in Boca Sida is not nice. It can get very dirty. But the beach in front of the Be Live is kept pretty clean.

Edited: 29 March 2015, 10:53
new york city
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

i just got back from the bellevue domincan bay and had a great time the beach is a maybe 4 to 5 min walk no big deal. sure you can go to punta cana and pay alot more thats up to you but for the money you pay at the domincan bay it is well well wroth it. i know people who have been to the hamaca and did not like it ,so my advise to you is go to the domincan bay

Houston, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
6. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

I loved Bellevue. It has a private walkway over the street to the beach, and they have security on property. I never got asked for money by the locals as one suggested in a comment above. I am about to book my 3rd trip there, and I do not regret it one bit. I LOVE IT :)

7. Re: Bellevue Dominican Bay VS. Be Live Hamaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Boca Chica