We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allergies to seafood

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Allergies to seafood

Hello, everybody. My kids, ages 14 and 12, are allergic to seafood. Are the restaurants there sensitive to food allergies? I've noticed that the restaurants have non-seafood options, but my kids cannot eat food that was prepared in the same pan or use the same cooking utensils as seafood.

Thanks.

LALA Gallery and Garden Cafe
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Caribbean, Fusion, Healthy
Hangover Hut
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Grill, American, Bar
JavaVine Cafe & Wine Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Cafe, Wine Bar
Cold Brook, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allergies to seafood

I am not sure where you are staying but I assume Bananarama and Infinity bay would both be willing to accommodate food allergies. You may be surprised but there are many restaurants on the island that don't even serve seafood. You can find many options with menus and reviews. in the restaurant part of Trip Advisor.

Mentioned in this post
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,329 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allergies to seafood

Wrong thread.. oops

Edited: 01 November 2016, 22:37
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allergies to seafood

We travelled to IB with friends last year, and there son has a nut allergy. Every restaurant we are in West Bay and West End was very accomdating. It was never an issue however since nuts are very infrequently used.

Using a translation app, they showed servers simple explainations

-my son has a life threatening nut allergy

-he can not have nuts, or anything that has come in contact with nuts

-does your restaurant use nuts?

-his food must not come in contact with nuts

Most servers were great with English however they wanted to be sure to have the Spanish translations to be 100% sure.

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,810 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allergies to seafood

Thanks for your help!

5. Re: Allergies to seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about West Bay