We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure tax

Ontario
Level Contributor
565 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Departure tax

I am getting conflicting responses on different web sites about the departure tax, one says that they are all included now in your package and others say that it is $45.97 US$ PP upon departure. Does anyone know which is true? Just so we are prepared. Thanks,

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure tax

It maybe helpful to know who you paid for your holiday.

Ontario
Level Contributor
565 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure tax

Sunwing Vacations but the website from Roatan says to be competitive with other countries it is now included but Sunwing says it is not?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure tax

Sunwing has had inconsistencies in the past, perhaps someone who was recently flown with Sunwing can clarify.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Departure tax

Last yr it was included with Transat, but not with Sunwing...can't say for 100% if this is still the case.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
694 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Departure tax

The Sunwing flights don't start up again until November, so now one will know if they indeed are including it, until after they start the season. Previous years they have not.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
241 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Departure tax

For some reason, it didn't give the fees when booking from YYZ, only YUL. But yes, departure taxes still applied, RTB to YUL anyway. http://www.sunwing.ca/taxes-fees.asp Makes me so glad that we booked our trip next year through Transat!

Edited: 07 October 2016, 02:34
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Departure tax

Does your e-ticket have D1 or D2 written on it in the fare section? If so, your departure tax has already been included, aka paid. The departure tax line is virtually empty these days as the tax is often included in the plane ticket.

You can check the exact amount that you'll need to keep with you at the end of your trip as you go into the airport arrival area. The departure tax counter is on your left as you come out the Arrival exit (in the lobby).

It was about US$42 in May.

Ontario
Level Contributor
565 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Departure tax

Too early for the e ticket but I will check when I get it

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
649 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Departure tax

if you are still unsure if you have already paid or not...look at your travel documents sent to you at the time of purchase...if still unclear phone the help number listed on that document...and ALWAYS ask for a confirmation email when you get an answer. the last three sunwing package deals we got departure tax was included in the price...but if you purchased your flight and accommodations separately it most likely will not be the case

Ontario
Level Contributor
565 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Departure tax

Hi Don M, I only have the booking number and invoice, e docs are not available yet, we are too far out still. I will check it a little closer and post what I find out though :)