We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foster's Restaurant

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
44 reviews
Foster's Restaurant

Someone told me Foster's Restaurant has closed?! Is this true?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Foster's Restaurant

We are just home from West Bay and about a week ago the restaurant was closed down. It appears the woman who ran the restaurant was in arrears on her taxes.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,825 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Foster's Restaurant

This is not the understanding I had for why the restaurant is closed. Truth is very difficult to find on the island. People love to speculate and the rumor mill is far to healthy

Edited: 10 March 2016, 21:00
Alberta
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Foster's Restaurant

We had dinner there last week. I can't remember which night...maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: Foster's Restaurant

Well what ever the reason is for closing its too bad!

We liked eating at Foster's. Live music, dancing and good food! I wish them well and hope they will reopen soon!

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Hilo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
170 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: Foster's Restaurant

I too had a good time while I was there last year. Sad to hear the news.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
138 reviews
6. Re: Foster's Restaurant

As I understand it, Foster leased the space to the woman... and there was an issue with taxes... but as Nomadic says, who said and did what is often hard to pin down on the island. Last I heard the woman is still on the island and some say she is still seeking legal support.

In the meantime, if you have enjoyed the surprising peacefulness at Keyhole and haven't been there recently - Foster is building a good sized hexagonal or octoganal building near the Keyhole walkway... certainly looks like a potential restaurant - on a different property. Watch for developments...

In the meantime - there are increasing numbers of places to eat in West Bay... and another really good restaurant - Pazzo Roatan - has opened in West End. So... for now... the closed facility at Fosters hasn't produced many ripples in the dining for tourists.

Cold Brook, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Foster's Restaurant

According the Trip Advisor reviews Palapa Papa's is located in the historic Fosters building.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,825 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Foster's Restaurant

ABEAL, that may be the Foster's building in West End... I think this thread is about Foster's West Bay.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Foster's Restaurant

This is too bad... we had one of our best meals there in January, food, ambience, cost, service, impressed with it all. And, it was actually the first time we had tried it. I hope it works out in the end. :)

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Foster's Restaurant

Idiots.....what do you mean by Keyhole? Is that up the road from Infinity Bay?