We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I am going to Roatan in 3 months time and I am shopping for hotels. I really don't settle for anything rustic or dingy, etc. I'm a luxurious traveler and I only accept the absolute best in terms of hotel, service and the like. What is the most high end accomodations in West Bay? 5 star rating is a definite must. Infinity Bay seems like the best candidate for my requirements. Any others that could possibly exceed that hotel? I very well may go to other parts of the island if need be. The accommodations MUST be top end luxury.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
732 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I have only been to Roatan once and stayed in West End at a low budget hotel. In my research I did find what I consider luxurious hotel, but it's in West End.

http://xbalanque-roatan.com/

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

Nothing on Roatan comes close to most folks ideas of 5 star, Pristine Bay at the Golf course is nice but if you visiting Roatan for what it is best for, Diving, then that's not a great choice. You may be better of looking to Mexico YEt in previous posts you were looking for more local "really remote where I can get to know the true Roatan and the people there--and not the touristy " So it gets even more difficult to answer your questions

Edited: 07 March 2015, 01:21
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I have no idea how you can want to stay really remote where you can get to know the true Roatan, whatever that definition is, and the people there--and not the touristy , And at the same time stay at the most upscale touristy place

South Dakota
Level Contributor
361 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I say check out Grand Roatan rentals. I've never stayed there but it's pretty new and the pool is beautiful.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I asked that exact question myself when, after 10 years of going to Roatan solo, I finally persuaded my wife to join me. She doesn't do third world. And of course I don;t want to disappoint her. So I checked out a new place on the beach between WB and WE, Xbalanque, and took a tour with Marco last May. So now we're reserved there. I don;t have the experience of staying there yet, but it looks pretty lux to me, especially by Roatan standards. It's small, gorgeous, has its own restaurant, and it has dive concierge service with Quality Time Divers. Can't get more upscale than that anywhere in Central America.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

Yep, Grand Roatan is a nice place too but hardly meeting criteria of international travelers 5 star expectations and by no means being local or a place to get to know locals

Edited: 07 March 2015, 02:23
Hilo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
170 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

I'm staying at Las Rocas in a month. Personally that's all the luxury I need while on Roatan. But to each his own.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

El Bosque does have some fancy Limo

s but I can't imagine where you would take them to or from. Roatan, Diving, snorkeling, casual, t-shirts and flip flops, Why would anyone want to ruin it with pretend luxury

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

Disclaimer ... I own a villa at Pristine Bay. Either there or Las Versndas is very upscale locations, you can take a boat to the shipwreck and reef for snorkeling or head down the road a mile to

little french key,

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the most luxurious hotel in West Bay? Or the island?

5 star? On Roatan? Not going to happen. This is a third world country with power that is intermittent and most of the island can't drink the tap water and is not on a sewer system. One of the nicest places is Xbalanque, it is a little out of the way but it is full service, they will even pick you up at the dock when you want to dive, if that is your thing.. Probably the best place on the west side of the island.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g944573-d246236…