We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

My husband and I would like to next February for two to three weeks and are thinking of West Bay as we heard the beaches were incredible. We go for sun, rest, and walking up and down the beach. Is there any All Inclusives that have a long beach where you can walk for at least1/2 hour one way?

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,811 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

No.....the beach that has the majority of All Inclusives is West Bay Beach, it is not a long beach at all. I think most could walk from Infinity Bay at One end to Fosters at the other in 12-15 minutes....and that's at a very leisurely pace.....

* just do the walk more than once, lol...

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,811 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,331 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

One can walk the beach to West End from West Bay along the beach, about 49 mins, but there have been reports of industrious locals relieving folks of their valuables. If ya don't take anything of value with you... you are less likely to be a target.

I walked the beach a fair amount last year both in sight of others and solo..never had a problem. Course, that only means the locals are not consistent.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,811 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
875 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

We walked the beach a few weeks ago from West End to West Bay...with stops in the shade now and again and it took us over an hour..but then we were in no hurry. If you do walk from WB to WE and don't feel like walking back you could take a water taxi for $3.

I guess I'm not as fast walking as everyone else (my husband says because I stop to read everything or chat) but it takes me 1/2 hour to fully walk WB beach, right from the rocks just past Infinity Bay to Bite on the Beach.

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,811 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,331 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

The all-inclusive's that are on West Bay Beach all share the same beach. As Faithie said it is only a 15 minute walk one way along West Bay Beach. Normally the wind is blowing from the East so as the West Bay Beach area is protected an East Wind makes the water calm and clear in West Bay Beach. Based on 3 visits 2 during the first week of February and the most recent the third week in March....9% of the time I've been there the wind blew from the North/West....What makes West Bay Beach so nice is that there is a coral reef really close to the shore...so very easy access to snorkeling and the water is very calm there. If you are looking for a long, long, beach and have no interest in snorkeling then there are better beaches to go to. If you want to walk for 7 miles then 7 miles return....Cayo Guillermo in Cuba....oh my goodness.....turquoise blue water, calm, and Playa Paraiso waits for you at the end. In my travels so far this beach on Cayo Guillermo IS the nicest beach anywhere in the Caribbean I've seen. West Bay beach IS the nicest beach in Roatan and incredible because it has the best off-shore snorkeling probably in the Caribbean. 1/2 hour walk isn't that long so if that is your criteria you can walk West Bay Beach both directions and that would take up 1/2 hour. As well the walk from West Bay to West End is enjoyable but as others have mentioned don't take anything with you that you would be upset to lose as people have been robbed along that route...what can't be replaced your holiday photos...so either put a new camera card in your camera for that journey or hide your camera on your person to be safe....what is that bulge in your side Madam???

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,811 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Cayo Guillermo
Cayo Guillermo
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

Sorry I meant to say that it is Playa Pilar at the very end of Cayo Guillermo...brain fog. If only they could make the resorts nicer in Cuba...wow I would go back to Cayo Guillermo in a heartbeat except the resorts are all 2-3 star there.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pilar
Playa Pilar
2,866 Reviews
Cayo Guillermo, Cuba
Cayo Guillermo
Cayo Guillermo
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
6. Re: Which All-Inclusive has the longest best beach West Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about West Bay