We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of cerveza

florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cost of cerveza

is there any place in west bay that you may purchase a case of beer and does anyone know the cost and can you buy it cold

La Ceiba...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of cerveza

I know here in La Ceiba I can get a 24pk case of Salva Vida for about $18 or $19 USD before the deposit if you get bottles. Havent been to Roatan yet, so I wouldnt think the beer would be that much more expensive. Im interested to know the difference now if there is any, and just how much.

Pretty sure youll find it cold most places, or at least thats what its like in La Ceiba.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
649 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of cerveza

ok so the beer is cold and at a good price...what about rum...good rum.... old ,dark and smooth ... no ice or mix required...you know ...the good stuff 15 to 20 years old

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of cerveza

Best rum prices I've ever seen... Flor de Cana from Nicaragua... very fine rum in several ages, all prices good...

Montreal
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of cerveza

That's interesting! I LOVE Zapaca Rum. Since it is distilled in Guatemala maybe it could be found in Roatan?

Any favorite place to buy liquor close to West Bay (Bananarama) ? I intend to mostly dive but it sure would be sweet to have a decent bottle waiting for us on off days!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of cerveza

When you arrive, you will be heading from the airport to West Bay. It is common for folks to stop at one of the two largish grocery stores on the hill as you exit Coxen Hole. Folks pick up supplies, particularly liquor. You can find rum at any little convenience spot in West Bay - but it is much better priced in the regular grocery stores.

Eldons is a little more "modern style" with power doors, Plaza Mar is a little more islandy (to me.) I liked the liquor selection better at Plaza Mar - but that might be different depending on the week... As your driver to stop at one, run in and buy your rum, and continue on to West Bay.

Haven't seen the Guatemalan rum, but I wasn't looking for it. Flor de Cana is prized throughout Central and South America...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
515 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of cerveza

Astral - I have bought Zacapa Centenario Solara 23 on all of our visits to Roatan. Have always found it at Eldons and Plaza Mar at approx $40 per bottle (it's about $80 in Canada). I would say it is hands down the smoothest rum I have ever had. Flor de Cana is pretty good but IMHO is not as smooth as Zacapa (and I have had my fair share of Flor de Cana). If anyone does try Zacapa, remember the solara 23 is the smoothest!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of cerveza

OK... you guys are way out of my league on this one! I like the 4 year for pina coladas and the 7 year (I think I've got those right) for everyday drinking, straight or mixed with something where you still taste the rum... my palate isn't good enough to appreciate $40 rum.

But I'm glad you connoissiers can find it that easily on the island. Maybe I can get one of our guests to bring a bottle as a present for the hosts!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of cerveza

Unfortunately, I can't remember the prices of the beer... it has been discussed here a few times... I know we bought the cheap stuff in cans cause the individual glass bottles in the store didn't seem to be a great deal. I know somebody has described a "beer depot" or some such where you drive in and swap out your empty case of bottles for a full one - prices were definitely better there.

I'm sure any place in West Bay would be more expensive than just picking one up on your way from the port or airport as you leave Coxen Hole.

Somebody who's going to Plaza Mar - check on the price of a case of Port Royal in bottles, wouldja please?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
649 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of cerveza

don't know what i am more excited about.snorkeling and scuba or the 40 dollar rum that would cost me 100.oo in sasakatchewan....

Montreal
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of cerveza

haha so glad to see a fellow zacapa fan! I'm no conaisseur by any stretch but once you've tasted the good stuff, it's hard not to crave for it!

I must say I'm intrigued by the Flor de Cana 21.

Typing this while sipping on a glass from my unique zacapa bottle, soon to be replaced by a few more !

Scuba wins but the whole "cheap" Rum sure is a nice incentive.