We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

We are two couples staying at Infinity Bay and will not have a car. We like to have some of our meals and cocktails in our condo. What is the availability and cost of liquor such as Jim Beam or other quality bourbon,sweet vermouth, vodka, and bloody mary mixer? Also, what about meats such as steak, lunch meat and cheeses? Where is the best and/or closest spot to get these supplies? I know we can ask the taxi driver to stop on the way from the airport, but if we run out is there a spot within walking distance of Infinity Bay to get re-supplied? Any information on the availability and cost of these supplies would be greatly appreciated.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

As answered in your other thread...

There is a deli/liquor store in the West Bay Mall behind Bananrama. Easy walking distance from Infinity.

You can also take a 7min water taxi into West End, where there are several wanna be stores.

The cost and variety will be far better in Coxen Hole. Specific prices I do not remember, after all it is holiday. :)

Edited: 16 January 2012, 03:10
Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

Thank you for the information! We are not just looking for prices, but selection. We are a bit fussy about our alcohol and like to know what to expect in the way of food. But watching our pennies on some things allows us to be able to afford to come to such a beautiful place!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

Of you are all that fussy and you need what you want ya might consider bring it with you..

Island off the coast of Honduras... consistent is not part of the program. :)

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

How much liquor can we bring in? Also, what food is restricted? We are not ALL that fussy......we have traveled the Caribbean and loved it all. We just like to know what we should bring and what we can find where we go. We prefer to support the local merchants whenever possible so just want to get an idea of what is there and what we might need to bring in.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

There are conflicting reports in how much booze you can bring in, some say there is no limit others say four bottles if I remember correctly..I suggest you have a conversation with the county of Honduras.

OR ya know what you need...you need to talk to the "Roatan At Your Service" lady....she can make all your American dreams come true in Honduras.

http://www.atyourserviceroatan.com/

I am a world traveler and part of the fun is the differences...if I wanted things to be like home I would stay at home.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

Great idea. We will contact her! Thanks! We would much rather be in Roatan than stay home.......and really like the adventure. But if we can plan to eliminate some of the unknowns, that helps.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

another idea

web site for the West Bay Deli/liquor store

http://roatandeli.com/

Yeah, I love the unknown, do as little research as possible. :)

8. Re: Food and Liquor availability in West Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 15:47