We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

The Seaplane just went down in West Bay. My friends at Earlybird Fishing Charter are towing it back in. First report is everyone on board lived. Did anyone see this happen? Is the reef damaged? Thank you and BIG UPS!!!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

Wow being everyone is OK ...that would have been something to see.

Call Foster, or Leslie, or Ray or Gerrilee. :)

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
2. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

of course the reef is OK, it wa an ULTRALIGHT to start with and not even certified for the work it did, kind of like a kite fell into the water

Edited: 12 January 2012, 03:41
La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

@Manuel, good to know. Thanks for the input. Big ups!!! I tried Foster once already, no answer. I will try back in a little bit.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
4. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

"Call Foster, or Leslie, or Ray or Gerrilee. :)"

Why bother them? they had no interest, why not contact those involved??

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

@Manuel, well, I dont personally know the folks that WERE involved, so I thought I would contact the people that I DID know personally that were in a close distance to the ocurrance. I was on the phone with Tex Dilbert as he towed the plane/Ultralight in, he had to go, Foster was my next call. Make sense, sir?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
697 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

I watched it go down. One person came up right away, the 2nd, a child was rescued shortly after. A private yatch was on scene in 2 or 3 minutes, Numerous dive boats a couple minutes later. 2 divers went in right away. Heard the 2 people are fine, Thank God.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

Shawnda ~ thank you so much for the info.

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

@Shawnda, Thank you very much!! God bless!!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
9. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

wait... have to pull another irritating thorn out of my paw... there, that's better!

wow... pretty scary stuff - for those in the plane and for those watching... got to assume their excursion bookings will suffer for some time...

thanks for the heads up, harold... and Shawnda for your confirmation.

So... harold... I've been away... do you still have a special contact person at Fosters? Some of the readers may not know that your calls to Fosters may not be considered "bother."

and harold - what were you thinking? How could an airplane with an internal combustion engine and fuel tanks filled with uncertain amounts of fuel crashing down into the water possibly harm the reef? Silly question! ;-)

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
10. Re: West Bay Beach Seaplane Crash

@Idiots, Thank you for the laugh!!! I needed it!!! Yes, Mr. Foster and I talk about 2 times a week. I love hearing all the news right from the source. I cant wait to get back, I miss my chica very badly!!! I will be there March 4th to the 11th. Then in June I'm taking 4 friends with me!!!! Big ups!!!!