We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long from Airport to HM

Saint Thomas, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how long from Airport to HM

Can someone tell me how long it takes from Hotel to HM. Arrive early in morning around 10 Am. How long is customs and to bus then resort?

Thanks,

Tina

Xbalanque Resort
Xbalanque Resort
#1 of 13 hotels in West Bay
Caribe Tesoro
Caribe Tesoro
#1 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in West Bay
West Bay Lodge and Spa
West Bay Lodge and Spa
#2 of 13 hotels in West Bay
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long from Airport to HM

20-30 min depending on traffic.

Get to the front of the customs line!!!!!!!!!! It can be slow.

They open the back and front of the bigger planes, so select seats accordingly.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long from Airport to HM

Wait, " from Hotel to HM" Perhaps you mean from the airport to Henry Morgan..ahh yes as the thread title says.

If you are asking the amount of time between disembarking the plane and being at HM...it could be hours..depending on how many people are in line at passport control before you. They by hand an I have never seem more than two people sorting passports. I have been in line 10 min or I have been in line just under twp hours.

If you are asking the time to HM after passport control, finding your bag, popping though customs, finding your ride..call it 45 minutes..if it all goes smoothly.

If you are asking the amount of time it takes to drive to HM from the airport, call it 30 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Henry Morgan Beach Resort
1,615 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long from Airport to HM

The 2x we went the whole process from landing to actually getting to Henry Morgan was 1.5 hrs or less....Pretty fast, but we had no other flights at the same time.

Mentioned in this post
1,615 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
baltimore
Level Contributor
151 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long from Airport to HM

They only opened the front of the plane for us which meant we were almost at the back of the line. Two people doing customs for over 300 people it took over an hour to get thru to our luggage. Nothing moves fast, just breathe and remember you are on vacation.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long from Airport to HM

You don't say where you are flying from. That strange arrival hour suggests that you might be coming through San salvador on TACA (Take A Chance Air) in which case their small planes load and unload from the rear only. But they are small enough that it really doesn't matter where you sit.

Mentioned in this post
San Salvador
San Salvador
San Salvador Department, El Salvador
6. Re: how long from Airport to HM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 15:51
Get answers to your questions about West Bay