We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport departure tax

Mississauga
11 posts
Save Topic
airport departure tax

I've heard that as of Dec/2011 the departure tax is going to be somewhere over $60.00 pp. Is this real?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport departure tax

It was and now it is not..

discussion here: .

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g292019-i4482-k500…

Edited: 30 December 2011, 02:18
2. Re: airport departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2011, 08:44
Edited: 30 December 2011, 08:44
Mississauga
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport departure tax

Thank you....although I am still not 100% convinced there will be no surprise at the airport. Going on vacation with a family of 5, and paying $300 makes a difference.

Mississauga
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport departure tax

http://travel-roatan.com/immigration.htm

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport departure tax

I understand, developing countries are wacky to say the least.

Enjoy the island!

Edit~ Holy crap, I though that was vetoed.. see ya just can not believe everything you read. I like you will save $60 plus on departure.

Edited: 30 December 2011, 02:56
6. Re: airport departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2011, 08:44
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport departure tax

That just has to be Blue House Guy in disguise or it's his grumpy first cousin.........Maybe BHG got a new computer and TA hasn't picked up on the IP number to put him back on the banned list.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
6,567 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport departure tax

Both the Canadian and American Gov't travel sites state that the departure tax is around $30. The Canadian site is current as of yesterday, I couldn't find a date on the American site. Both sites also state that Canadians and Americans do not need a tourist visa and that their citizens can stay in Honduras up to 90 days.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport departure tax

The web site above has this to say

"Visitors leaving Honduras must pay about $60.30 per person (as of Dec 2011)" I would believe myself to be a visitor.

then in fine print at the bottom....

"Travel-Roatan.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information in this website. Honduran laws related to immigration and other matters change. For the latest information, contact the appropriate Honduran authorities. "

Silly, me. :) That would be a reaction before researching the facts. Oops. :) Thanks to those who talked me down off the ledge. :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport departure tax

I get your vibe McGosler... I am wonderin myself????