We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
870 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Just wondering what the weather is like lately... How hot is it?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
694 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Occasional shower, daytime highs around 27 - 28 C It sure as He!! beats the - 25 forecast for Montreal !

But having said that, the next flight down on the 2nd has only 1 seat left on it for the air only, not sure if you can still get a package.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Already booked on the 9th!

Toronto
Level Contributor
133 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

when i booked my trip down on the 23... the agent said.. 1 seat on the flight left from Toronto

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
694 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Good ! Drop me a pm if you want to meet up somewhere. We should have a daughter, her boyfriend and boyfriends mother on that flight as well.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Not sure where you are getting your info from Shawnda but selloffvacations is saying least 6 seats left on the plane for January 2nd (there is probably more than that)...however very expensive flight prices.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

I think it is one of the wacky things in the world... selling tickets to various wholesalers...

A wholesaler has one seat left

B wholesaler has three seats left

and the airline actually has 12 seats available.

They have some nonsensical formula that is s'pose to fill the seats but not over book. For the most part it sorts out, then on occasion they are giving out vouchers for people willing to be bumped... yet another of life's mysteries. Or maybe it is just me who doesn't get it. :)

Roatan
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

A few years back, TACA flew from San Salvador to San Pedro to La Ceiba to Roatan and on to Miami then return. It was a great route and very convenient. People eventually figured out that booking the La Ceiba - Miami leg was $300 to $400 cheaper than getting on or off in Roatan. The airline people didn't care where you got o or off the flight. One season later TACA looked at its numbers and realized that no one was buying Roatan - Miami tickets and dropped that leg of the route.

Its not just you Nomadic, airlines are beyond the comprehension of us mortals

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Nomadic,

This is the stuff you find more with these all inclusiv companies, you will not find it with Delta or Continental to Roatan as they do not pre sell seats to other wholesalers. In your scenario, the airline has 8 tickets they can still sell while they are already guarunteed payment for the other 4 at a predetermined price no matter what wholesaler A or B ends up selling them for in hopes of cutting losses

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

Ok but what about the weather???

winnipeg
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has there been a lot of rain lately?

EXACTLY MAYA, WHAT ABOUT THE WEATHER??? Weather network info says it has rained everyday for 2 months straight? Should I pack rubber boots for my trip? Busy people go on these forums for information. Too many people with nothing to do rant and rave about everything that doesn't even relate to the question? Do everyone a favor and stick to the banter relating to the questions people!