My husband and I have stayed at many all inclusive resorts before (3-5 star). We actually have preferred the 3 star resorts the best, because they are usually on the smaller side, and we prefer that. We are not picky eaters and actually love to venture off a couple times during the week for a taste of the local restaurants. I have heard that the West Bay is most conducive for snorkeling, but would love to hear about other areas that offer great snorkeling too. Night life is not that important since we are usually too tired after a day of snorkeling, drinking, and sun to indulge in the night scene. The occasional show is sometimes nice. The things we want in an all inclusive are:
1. Awesome daily snorkeling (our vacations and research always include snorkeling as the main attraction). An easy walk to snorkeling, as well as snorkeling right in front of the resort.
2. Plenty of shade and chairs when not snorkeling.
3. Awesome drinks (fruity frozen concotions mostly) when not snorkeling (preferably a beach bar since we lay on the beach when not snorkeling).
4. a beach to walk and explore
5. decent food choices (the 3 basic meals are fine for us)
6. a resort that is not going to be too over-run by the people of the cruise ships (the schedule shows they will be there 4 times during our trip)
7. Easy access to restaurants or shopping
8. a comfortable bed is always nice
Also, any ideas or suggestions for snorkeling excursions or wild life excursions would be very helpful. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.