We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer at the Henry Morgan

Courtenay B.C
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beer at the Henry Morgan

Can anyone tell me what the beer is that they serve at the Henry Morgan for their all inclusive , and is it bottles or draft .We are a group of beer drinkers. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Henry Morgan Beach Resort
1,636 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

We stayed at the Mayan Palace next door and it will most likely be the same at Henry Morgan as we got. They will offer one beer which was a local beer and it was bottled. I forget the name of it. but it wasn't any thing special. It just tasted like you basic beer. I am a beer drinker as well but I prefer darker beers amber/red beer personally. They have beers that you can pay for beyond the one beer that will be offered with the all inclusive..but none of them are worth it to pay for in my beer drinking opinion...several other local beers and the ever popular Corona. If you want to pay for a Corona go ahead...but it's not worth it. Corona's just another watered down light beer that's been marketed well...everyone associates it with the caribbean ocean....Mexican's certainly don't even drink this beer...Corona's a higher price joke really.

Mentioned in this post
1,636 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

the beer they served at the Paradise Beach club which is part of the Henry Morgan group, was Imperial and Barena.......i think those were the only but there is a shop just a block away which carries a few more brands..the brands served at the bar were fine... not as much body as beers at home but if you drink as much as we do, they all start to taste the same anyways!We tried Salva Vida and liked that too

When are you going? We are heading there again on Jan 9.

Mentioned in this post
1,636 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Courtenay B.C
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

Hi pregie prince .Thanks for the info.It sounds like you guys drink like we do .We are flying down on 9th as well out of Toronto ,we are probably on the same plane.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

Was at the Paradise last year and the Mayan the year before. The only beer you could get under the AI plan was Imperial. They have Salva Vida and Barena but you would have to pay for it if that was what you wanted.

Los Rocas, Banarama, Fosters, etc. have happy hours where you can try the various beers at a great price. You won't go thirsty!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

We were at the Henry Morgan in April 2011. We were served Imperial, Salva Vida and Barena. We were not charged for any of it.

Our group did bring our own Amaretto and Bailey's. They bartenders will keep it at the bars for you.

Mentioned in this post
1,636 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Courtenay B.C
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

Thanks. Sounds like we got the beer covered . We will also bring bailey.

7. Re: Beer at the Henry Morgan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 10:47