We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What did you spend???

Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What did you spend???

I know, such an impolite question to ask - sorry!

I was in Roatain in January, this will be my husbands first trip. I have convinced him that THIS is the way to vacation, not an AI resort. My husband has now copped to being concerned about paying for everything separately. (In January I stayed with friends at Turtle Crossing and we ate a few meals out, but not daily.)

We are heading to Infinity Bay in December for a week. We will make breakfast and lunch ourselves most days, dinners out. A few drinks a day for sure, but nothing too excessive. What is a reasonable expectation of daily cost of food/drinks etc? We would most likely be eating in places like Banarama, etc. We will also be having grocery delivery for basic supplies.

I have kind of figured $100 a day, but am hoping that is more then enough??? Thoughts???

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What did you spend???

I think that the most I've ever spent at dinner in West End was under $30, not counting the Indian place. The Thai place approaches $30 for dinner with drink and tip. Besos, my favorite, has the world's best langosta for about $22. When we eat at Splash, my son and I split the main dish because it's way too much for one person, so we get out of there for about $15 each. We usually spend more on cigars than on food, so maybe you'd better figure that in to your budget, unless of course you don't smoke cigars. I've haven't eaten in West Bay in years, but I can't see it being a lot more. If you have $100 to spend at dinner, I want to hang out with YOU!

Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What did you spend???

No cigars for us, thanks though.

The $100 was a daily total, so it would include drinks, groceries, etc

I think it total I spent about $250 last year, including a really bad underwater museum snorkel thing, but again, that was not eating most meals out!

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What did you spend???

$100.00 a day sounds like it would be reasonable (especially if you are doing the grocery thing for breakfast and lunch). You can also pick up liquor and mixes at the local mart and make some drinks yourself..that would save even more. Have fun

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What did you spend???

That's pretty close to what we budget for.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What did you spend???

Maybe aim for $150 a day if you are making bfast and lunch at your place. Beer is $2 each, cocktails can be $5 - $8, more if you go top shelf. Burgers are anywhere from $8 - $15, "local" dinner can be $10 - $20, pasta can be $15 - $25, lobster will be $20 - $30. Dinner for 2 at West Bay can be anywhere from $30 - $70, depending on where you eat and what you eat.

You can also visit West End for lower prices and more variety.

Check out the websites for West Bay resorts, most have a menu

6. Re: What did you spend???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 15:48