We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taca

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Taca

I've been checking Taca website. We were planning to fly direct MIA to RTB...that flight does not seem to be offered any more??? We have done it in the past on Saturdays....anyone have update on direct Miami to Roatan flights?

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taca

The TACA Direct route has been gone for a little while now, I do not think anyone else is offering anything direct from Miami. Atlants and Houston on Delta and Continental respectively are , I belive, the only direct non stops from the US.I generally fly from Jacksonville to Atlanta for that flight.. I do not think you can fly from Mia to Houston and make the early Continental flight so that would get you in at 3:30 or so, Delta gets in around 12:30.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taca

Thanks...guess I'll have to explore PBI to Atlanta. That direct from MIA was too good to be true for long I guess! We'll miss Taca, had great service. Back to the drawing board.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taca

I loved the TACA flights, I have heard a lot ob bad, ht e old take a chance airline thing but I seldom had any troubles and back in the day when a direct to RTB from MIA was under $200 was great. Of course the perk with Delta is that we fly to RTB on FF miles 3-4 times a year and have done so since Delta started the trip.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taca

Yep...Taca was great for us! I found some flights PBI via Houston to RTB at pretty good prices so looks like we'll give up on the direct flight. PBI is close to home. Back to an American airline.....we'll pay for luggage and have surly service...worth it to enjoy Roatan!

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
5. Re: Taca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2011, 11:02
Get answers to your questions about West Bay