We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

I have to thank Idiotsabroad for the advice on eating here. It was really great meeting you and your wife on the beach, and we ate that same day at the Beach Club. LOVED the food! Don't miss this place folks!

The restaurant is a cool island feel to it and wonderful food and drinks at very reasonable prices!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

Nice to meet you two, too! We moved on up to West End and kind of just hung out... sorry we didn't run into you again.

When I tried to review The Beach Club San Simon on TA it wasn't yet listed, so I sent the request for them to add it to the list and it is now listed under restaurants and ready for your reviews.

They opened in late December, so they got some business from the Christmas crowd but it has been slow building "traffic" - I think because people don't quite know what to make of the place walking by... matresses on the beach and little mattress cabanas on the deck?

But walk on back the boardwalk and you find a friendly, quirky, airy space... different kinds of furniture, mirrors... check out their website and you'll get what I mean. The menu is brief, but everything we tasted was good and we fell in love with the lobster enchiladas... really more like tostadas and very very tasty.

Another nice feature is a cocktail menu with some of the fancy rum drinks - very festive, and all priced at $3 or 72 lemps. (Note the lemp price is significantly higher than the dollar price...) I got to try several without breaking the bank - I particularly liked The Green Wave... made with midori (melon flavored) and blue curacao and a splash of sour.

On another thread, someone said they thought the food was only so-so and overpriced, but we were directed there by locals who thought it was a nice addition to West Bay that was waiting to get discovered. We thought the food was good and reasonable prices and the atmosphere was very laid back and pleasant.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,812 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

I actually asked about the price difference on the cocktails, and it is actually just a misprint... the cocktails are $3.00 or 57 lemps! very reasonable indeed. A nice addition to roatan.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

agree agree in all respects this place is very well done the atmosphere and attention to detail should be commended and the food great everytime lobster enchaladas and the sundried tomatoe pasta guac and chips all perfect several fantastic tasting cocktails ( tried a few) great place to chill and meet new traveller friends loved the artwork on the floor very talented artist

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
686 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

Where on West Bay Beach is The Beach Club (what is it next to)? Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,812 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

the beach club san simon is right around the henry morgan area just a couple minutes walk from the bananarama resort sorry can not remember what was exactly beside it

Grand Marais...
Level Contributor
929 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

Check their website;

http://www.thebeachclubroatan.com/

Has anyone "rented" the beach beds? Just curious as to what someone would charge for that.

toronto ontario
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

we rented a couple of beds on the day the cruise people invade the beach...we also eat a wonderful lunch and had a couple of drinks..whole day cost 40..its right door to mayan princess where we stayed...we loved it!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

we went here....really really liked it!

it is 2 resorts from Bananarama toward West End....you can't miss the mattresses!

it has a very European feel.....very cool and hip......great atmosphere!

very cheap IMO....we had 1 cocktail, 2 beer, enchiladas, spicey spagetti, shrimp and veggies, dessert...total $39

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

hey, guys... don't forget to leave a review on the TA restaurant review page so your thoughts will continue to be available to new readers and not just fade away to the bottom of the forums.

It just takes a minute or two... at

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g944573-d1…

10. Re: The Beach Club on West bay Beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about West Bay