We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
66 posts
104 reviews
Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

This will be our first trip to Roatan, for our 20th anniversary, 50'ish couple. We don't need fancy, but like comfy beds, a/c, wifi, great off beach snorkeling, and a nice deck with a nice ocean view. Our budget is $150/night. I like easy walkable access to restaurants and don't want to cook but want a fridge and microwave to keep snacks and drinks handy.

I've narrowed my search down to Foster's or Posada Seremein. Posada is newer and quieter, but the view on the 3rd floor is obstructed by trees and buildings. You can see some water but no beach. It is closer to the best snorkeling, but we don't mind the walk down the beach.

Foster's is busier and noisier, more "rustic", but we'll be very close to the water with incredible views. We also have easier access to boat trips to fish (hubby), ferry to West End. They both seem to have easy access to restaurants, and meet all our requirements. I'm leaning towards Foster's for the view from the room, local family resort feel, and ownership to help with fishing charters, and other island tours.

We have the option to go beginning of February, or end of March. Weather can be rainy, but we live in the Rocky Mountains and we love getting away to someplace warm in Feb. Are we making a mistake to try Roatan at the end of the rainy season? Should we suck it up and wait until late March?

Thank you for your help! I've been dreaming of a trip to Roatan for a few years, so I'm so excited to make this happen.

7 replies to this topic
Alberta
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Weather is unpredictable as we all know. You might get rain or you might end up with beautiful weather. There has been some very nice weather in February. We usually go towards the end of February, beginning of March. However, chances are better for March to have more sunny days.

We have stayed at Posada Seremein and really enjoyed it, although the view is obstructed. It has a large room with two beds and a little kitchenette. The only thing that I didn't like was it had no in room safe. You could use the safe at the restaurant, Argentinian Grill but it was a bit inconvenient. The included breakfast was nice to have.

We had friends that stayed at Foster's last year and I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. They had a second level unit with a large balcony. Yes, it was a bit more rustic but it had a fantastic view and were literally on the beach.....but back a bit so also somewhat secluded. They were there for a few weeks and I think may have booked it again for 2019.

Both would be a good choice. Either one is within easy walking distance to many restaurants. The best snorkelling is just a few minutes walk from either.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
66 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Thank you for your reply! This is helpful. I don't think Foster's has a safe in the room either. It's a tough decision!

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
882 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Can't help you with either of your choices to stay as we have not stayed at them. But we've gone to Roatan for the past 5 years in later January / early February and all but one year (last year) the weather has been wonderful.

Enjoy your vacation!

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

I very much enjoy Foster's, they treat their guests like family.

It is also the only accommodation owned and operated by locals, their family has been on the island for over 200 years.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
66 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Thanks all for your feedback! We decided to book Foster's for late March. I'm looking forward to it very much.

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
134 posts
224 reviews
6. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

Consider Caribe Tesoro. Right next to Fosters. Best view of West Bay. Best swimming pool on the island. No vendors or cruise ship crowds...I believe it's in your budget. Oh, and they have a back generator...You will appreciate this!!

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
66 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March

It looks beautiful but you can’t get an ocean view there in my budget unfortunately. Thanks anyway!

Reply to: Foster's or Posada Seremein, early February or late March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted