We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inf bay for a week in March

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
80 posts
20 reviews
Inf bay for a week in March

Close to booking infinity bay for a week in March with the wife. We’ve been to Jamaica, Dominican, Aruba, is West Bay comparable to those places as far as restaurants, activities, quality of lodging? More concerned about the wife, give me a cold beer, clear water and no bugs in the room and I’m good!

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
89 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Inf bay for a week in March

Infinity Bay is a very nice place on a lovely beach and great reef. There are some nice restaurants in West Bay but for activities, this depends what you mean. Roatan is all about diving and snorkeling. There isn't much more to do on the island - ziplining, dolphin encounters with Anthony's Key, boat tours.

West End is a great town close by with tons of restaurants and shops. The street food in West End is very inexpensive and delicious. And what you save on food will easily pay for the water taxi from West Bay (which you should be able to get for $3/person if you haggle with the boat drivers)

Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Inf bay for a week in March

I have not been to Aruba, but I would not consider West Bay to be anything like where I was in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It is sort of similar to Bayahibe, DR tho.

Infinity Bay is one of the fancier resorts. Most activities are water centric, the beach is lovely but not long. No hour long beach walks without repeating the scenery a few times. :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Inf bay for a week in March

Infinity Bay looks nice but it sits on the busiest part of the beach. I would head on down to Argentinian Grill and use some of their loungers (free if you consume) for a nicer less crowded part of the beach. I also prefer to take the water taxi to West End and the beach at Half Moon Bay. You can rent a lounger from a local for 5.00 or just plop your towel down on the beach for free. There are a lot less vendors and right across the street is a convenience store where you can buy all your drinks for 1.00. I found the water better over there as well.

Reply to: Inf bay for a week in March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted