We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling from coxen hole to west bay

Charlton...
1 post
traveling from coxen hole to west bay

My family of 6 will be visiting Roatan soon, What is the best way to get from Coxen Hole to West Bay? Do we pay per person? Is there a fee for chairs and umbrellas on the beach?

Where is the best place to eat on West Bay? Do not want to spend a lot of money.

Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: traveling from coxen hole to west bay

Taxi on the island are not regulated. They also tend to be expensive.

I believe the most economical way to do this is to contact several of the beach clubs who offered transport included in their day pass price. The day pass would include the amenities of whatever resort you choose loungers, umbrellas, pool, showers some of them have lockers. Have a look at the Beach, Bananarama and Paradise Beach websites, all of these Resorts offer transport included. Infinity may also except they're the most expensive day pass on the beach, they also limit their day passes.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
2. Re: traveling from coxen hole to west bay

With 6 people, you will need 2 taxis or a van. And you'll need to negotiate. Usually, it's $20 round trip per person if you have more than 3 people to West End by taxi. West Bay is further away, so it would be more. Have no idea how much a van would be.

It would be easier and cheaper to have a transport+day pass package.

bananarama.com/activities/…

Here's another site for shore excursions, but I would personally just book directly with Bananarama.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/coxen-hole

1 post
3. Re: traveling from coxen hole to west bay

Thank you !

I am booking through bananarama .

I appreciate the help.

Reply to: traveling from coxen hole to west bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted