We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of West Bay Beach?

New York
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
What part of West Bay Beach?

We will be in Roatan for 1 day with a cruise. Planning on getting taxi to West Bay beach for a day. I heard that there are many beach clubs and points of entry to the beach. Which part of the beach is better - has food and drink outlets, beach chairs and umbrellas for rent, not too crowded and has the best sand and water? Where do we need a taxi driver to drop us off?

8 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

It will all be crowded. I'd suggest getting dropped off at Beachers.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

I agree with Faithie, West Bay is the premier beach on the island, everyone and their mother's uncle wants to experience it. The easy access to boat free reef snorkeling is just past Infinity's L shaped dock, it also feels like the busiest spot on the beach.

Taxi prices are high and not the least bit regulated, I think a better bet is to sort a day pass with transport included. It maybe Beacher's does this now, so does Banaramaand Paradise Beach Club.

The hole of West Bay can be walked in 15/20 mins and the resort restaurants are public. Food and drink are easy to come by, even shade is not as hard to find, quiet on the other hand... :0)

Plainview, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
3. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

100% Bananarama

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

Listen, i love bananarama. We stay there, but...she said "not crowded", so...its possibly the most crowded area after the cruise ship spot by infnity.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 06:12
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
5. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

What is the date? May is super slow for cruise ships, with only 1-2 ships at one time, versus 5 in December or January. Compared to those winter months when there were droves of buses, minivans and taxis, I have hardly noticed the cruise shippers in West End or West Bay..... except when people wear white socks. :-)

So, yes, Bananarama might very well be "not crowded"! It all depends on your date.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the link to the calendar.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/roatan.html

The best snorkeling is on the far left side of the beach (if you're looking out to the ocean).

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

It really doesn't matter where you get dropped off, at a slow leisurely stroll it is only maybe 15 minutes walk one end to another , Start walking, when you find a place that looks good, stop

Ontario
Level Contributor
732 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

Cruise ship day not crowded.... Think...jumbo shrimp....pretty ugly..seriously funny... the livind dead...suicide victim...good grief!!

Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: What part of West Bay Beach?

We were in Roatan and dove with West Bay Divers - which is slightly down the way from the bigger resorts (infinity bay, bananarama, paradis, etc.). we would eat and relax at Beacher's and Argentenian Grill - they offer chairs with a drink purchase. Or, if you like water, you can walk through Foster's and on the other side of the dock are tables in the water and a bar right there (there is a slide too). very nice beach, very fun!

Reply to: What part of West Bay Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted