We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little French Key on cruise ship days

Wisconsin
3 posts
1 review
Little French Key on cruise ship days

How is LFK on days with 2-3 ships in port with 6000-7400 people? Does it get overrun? We are staying in Roatan for the week and want to spend a day with Clive on a tour. He only has one day available that week so we would move our LFK visit to another day which means cruise ships are in. Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

I have never been to Little French Key, zoos not so much my thing.

With that said, my guess is the members of Cruise Critic would be a very good place indeed to get a clear answer. https:/…

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

The capacity at lfk is 800. On a 2-3 cruise ship day you may see 300 people or less. If they are the european ships far less. Im sure you will have a great time. Cheers.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

We returned from our 6000 + cruise last week and one of our stops was Roatan. We did go to LFK and absolutely loved it. It was not crowded and there were other cruise ships in the ports.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

Well, if you were on a ship with 6000 plus peeps I don't think you'd think much would be crowded...lol. A floating city!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

I am pretty sure cruise ships have more square feet per passenger than airplanes , maybe they have it all figured out how to stay less crowded

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

Says the guy who's said exactly what i just posted on numerous occasions. I can pull up your posts if you like George ?

Edited: 18 May 2018, 06:55
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

Some lead some follow

Houston, Texas
2 posts
8. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

LFK is an establishment that supports coral reef destruction. I saw them pouring cement on live reef - I could not believe my eyes! What a poor way to promote tourism on a beautiful island by destroying it.

The animal cages are also extremely small and they are ""rescued""......

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Little French Key on cruise ship days

It's no rescue....everyone knows it except the @#$@$ who visit.

Reply to: Little French Key on cruise ship days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted