We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Arkansas
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Wondering if BananRama still has the crab races and fire show on Sunday nights? Does this only happen on Sundays? Anyone know what time they start? Thinking our 9 year old would love to see that! Also we are staying in West End so what is the best way to get to West Bay in the evenings?

37 replies to this topic
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Bananarama Calendar -->http://bananarama.com/restaurants/weekly-night-calendar/

I would suggest going to West Bay via water taxi before they stop then have Bananarama call you a reliable taxi for return to West End.

Edited: 11 February 2017, 04:51
Augusta
Level Contributor
508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

@nomadic:

Just a follow up question. I know the taxis stop running at night, but I've seen boats at night. I wondered if I took a taxi over before dusk, could i arrange to be picked up after dark, or is that not done?

We took a taxi home from west end last time, but I kept wondering if I should have asked the water taxi guy about a later pickup.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

I have never asked this of a water taxi but anything is possible...for a price. Ask around and see what they say.

One need realize the water taxi guys work all day, if you ask one to stick around at your leisure you are keeping him from his family.

For those who stay at Infinity, do they not have a private water taxi?

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Additionally to the long working hours, having proper lights is a SAFETY issue. I've rarely seen water taxis with proper night lights. Starboard green , port red, and it would be nice to have lights to see and be seen. IF your water taxi doesn't have these, it's YOUR life you are risking.

The general rule is that once the sun goes down, the water taxis are done for the day. Call a land taxi to take you home.

Augusta
Level Contributor
508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Thanks all. I appreciate the input. IB doesn't have a private taxi, same guys that work the west end. I have seen the boats at night with lights, but I agree, no taxis with lights.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Boats with lights might be those of dive shops doing night dives. :-)

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Did not Infinity at one point have a small green boat with maybe a white sunshade as a private water taxi? Maybe I was seeing things or perhaps hearing things or maybe they discontinued the practice.

As Mamajelli suggest perhaps the boats you have seen are dive boats, or it could be locals, or staff coming and going. I have bounced back and forth from West End to West Bay after dark in a friends boat, ahh but he had lights.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Sunday is the night for crab races and fire dancers. Worth the trip! The crab races are for charity so bet lots!

We got a water taxi from West End to West Bay after dark. Price went up to $5 pp at night from$3 during the day. The 'light' on our boat was a flashlight...but oh my the stars, and a view of the lights on the mainland...

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

Renee - did you pre-arranged that water taxi after dark or have they changed their MO and they're actually running after sunset?

Edited: 28 February 2017, 22:20
Arkansas
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show

What time do we need to get there to see the crab races and fire dancers.

Thanks!

Reply to: BananaRama- Crab Races and Fire Show
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted