We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay Contact Information

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
860 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay Contact Information

Hello fellow travelers :) My sister booked an Infinity Bay unit through vrbo and has been trying to contact the owner for several weeks without any luck. Fortunately she paid via paypal and booked through vrbo. She said she has also tried to contact the resort itself but the phone is never picked up. Anyways, I tried myself today (both numbers) and got the same....one number plays a musical recording and the other just rings. We're all getting very nervous. VRBO said we shouldn't worry, if we arrive and something is not right, they will make sure we have accomodations. WTH? So, has anyone been able to reach the resort and if so could you help me here? Also, anyone have experience with arriving and not having their accomodations?

Mentioned in this post
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Infinity Bay Spa and...
2,331 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Customizable Best Of Roatan Island...
70 Reviews
US$ 45 per adult
Free Cancellation
Zipline, Monkey & Parrot Watching...
76 Reviews
US$ 30 per adult
Free Cancellation
5-Hour Roatan Island Cultural...
73 Reviews
US$ 30 per adult
Free Cancellation
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
917 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

I have never had an issue with VRBO bookings but...this does sound a little fishy. What kind of contact did you have with the owner before you booked? When are you going? How is VRBO going to make sure you have accommodations? If Infinity is booked full, they can't very well get you in there and might not be the same size unit you have booked. It might help if you pasted a link to the unit so we would know what you are talking about; i.e. reviews etc. I am able to contact several owners, and they might be able to give me some insight. Also what number are you using for the resort?

Edited: 08 February 2017, 03:04
Penn Yan, New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

We have stayed at IB many times through VRBO and a few times direct through IB. We have never had a problem. I have called their direct line number before and reached a person, sorry to hear there are problems. We have never experienced a problem with a VRBO reservation. I always make sure to have the VRBO information with me when I check in. I used the following reservation email address a few times and was successful (but it was a few years ago). You can see if this works;

maggie@infinitybay.com. Good luck.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
860 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

@mary s, thank you, I'll try that email.

@famouschinesec, I will pm you with the unit information. I don't want to put that kind of information on the public forum in the case that he is just on an extended vacation or otherwise unavailable for weeks at a time. And yes, the resort is booked solid for our time frame so I'm not sure what VRBO can do.

Thank you both. Brenda

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
860 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

Ahh, of course, my sister got a reply just two hours ago and all is good. Thanks everyone.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,303 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

Glad it worked out. For future reference or if someone else reads this, if this happens again, you really need to push the owner or push VRBO for a better answer. Between myself and my family we've used VRBO a lot and most of the time it works out but we've had some issues, too. The worst was when an owner "forgot" about our reservation and gave our room to someone else. Luckily we realized it early enough to book something new.

Every time you rent from VRBO it's different because you're renting from a different owner. My best advice is to ask the owner a lot of questions just to see how they respond before you book and then check with them off and on after you book. Good owners respond quickly. If they don't respond, then start looking at other units. And if you've already booked, I'd want a lot better answer from VRBO than just show up and if there's a problem, let us know.

6. Re: Infinity Bay Contact Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about West Bay