We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
20 reviews
Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

Headed to Roatan for third visit next month. We always took taxis but are not sure how late or how far out west they typically run. We are staying about a 15 minute walk(which involves a steep hill)away from Infinity or Grand Roatan resorts. While the dive shop will be storing our gear, we will still have some items (cameras, wetsuit etc) which need to be carried back to rental house. I remember seeing plenty of cabs in Sandy Bay and the West End, but do not remember seeing many in West Bay after dark. Sorry if the question is redundant with the several threads inquiring about taxi's. I just was not sure if we would be better off renting a car since we are staying so far out west or if taxi's will be readily available. Thanks in advance:)

Augusta
Level Contributor
508 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

I saw cabs at all hours at IB but at rates much higher than right outside the gate over by the shops.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

Excellent information! Glad to know that I d not need to rent a car.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
363 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

We stayed over the long hill last trip and while we do not dive, we ended up renting a car just because we found ourselves wanting to go back and forth more than we had anticipated. We rented from Captain Van's rentals right there in the West Bay Mall. If I were you I would look at the price of cabs vs renting for us it was cheaper. Have a great time, we too will be back next month!!

4. Re: Catching a taxi from Infinity or Grand Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2018, 11:45