We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa or hotel?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
villa or hotel?

My husband and I are off to Brisas for three weeks. After reading reviews we wondered if we should upgrade to villas? Do they have sea view? Anyone know how much extra it would be? We are early risers in the morning but are not late going to bed at night so wondered where would be the best place for us? I don't know where has the sea view as we would very much appreciate that. Any thoughts please?

Ann & Kitch

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa or hotel?

I would check out LoonyLou's dedicated page on the Brisas..

It's loaded with info..

Brisas.beep.com

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa or hotel?

We stayed in hotel looking over the pool and beach

After around 10.30 we were never bothered by noise

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa or hotel?

We always stay in the hotel and are rarely bothered by noise, if you want to retire before the shows finish at 11pm then you may find it noisy, however; we have fallen asleep during the entertainment and woken up when it was all over...bizarre !! We found March/April time to be particularly noisy & busy so changed our time to visit Brisas to May.

The ocean view rooms in the hotel have fantastic views, some villas have the views spoiled by palm trees on the resort and the beach. They are all now growing tall since being re-planted after the hurricane of 2008.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa or hotel?

I love Brisas but being early risers and early to bed people, the ocean front rooms we both had were just too noisy. (if I remember correctly room 516 & 408) Long after the entertainment stopped at 10:30/11 p.m. the 24 hour bar by the pool had many groups of vacationers who shouted and sang sometimes until 3 p.m.

This time we will choose a garden view or ground floor villa.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa or hotel?

Must be the Canadians then.... we dont get all that when the Brits are there on mass..... ha ha ha !!!

Victoria, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: villa or hotel?

Oh come on LoonyLou, we are not all like that......just 99% of us HA HA! By the way, very much appreciate your page on the Brisas, and going there for our first time over Christmas/New Years, can't wait!

7. Re: villa or hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:47
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations