We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalos 1st timers!

Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Kefalos 1st timers!

Hi everyone!

We are going to Kefalos for the first time in August and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do, where to eat and drink?

We are staying in the Denise Apartments which don't have a pool, is there any we can use nearby?

I'm traveling with my partner and 15 year old daughter who has autism so ideally we need places that have a nice atmosphere but not packed to the rafters!

Places we have enjoyed before are Roda in Corfu and Alykanas in Zante.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Denise Apartments
Denise Apartments
158 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
6 replies to this topic
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
770 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

Hi! I don't know where the Denise Apartments are exactly, but you can use any pool, so lonv as you buy their drinks. Kefalos is a very welcoming place, everyone is very friendly. I don't know how busy the bars are in August, as we go in June, but there are several with outside seating areas if they are busy inside. I will try to find the location of your apartments to see if I can help you further.

Mentioned in this post
Denise Apartments
Denise Apartments
158 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
770 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

Hi again! It appears that your apartments are near to the harbour. Some lovely bars and eating places. Maria at Acropol is lovely and makes everyone welcome. Nice eating places arou d the area too. Check out Cavos, Sebastiansand maybe Faros on tripadvisor to get some idea. Please ask if there is anything else I can help wih.

Mentioned in this post
Acropol
Acropol
205 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

Hi thanks so much for your replies. Are we far from the beach and is it safe to swim if we're near the harbour?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
770 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

Quite close to the beach, in fact the beach opposite Cavos taverna is the best sandy beach in Kefalos itself, it does get busy, though. It is a bit stony, you may need to take/buy beach shoes. Sea is very clear.

Mentioned in this post
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

The Albatross apartments are not far from Denise apartments which has a lovely pool and bar. Theres a bit of beach across the road but if you carry on past the harbour theres another small beach (check on google maps)which is quite nice

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kefalos 1st timers!

Also try andreas apts which are very close to Denise. Rita - Andreas's wife is english and will make you very welcome - they have a small pool and do a lovely BBQ evening and a sunday lunch!

Denise is situated up a track so in a very quite location. however only about 5 minutes stroll down to the beach. Kefalos nothing like Roda but maybe a little like Alykanas !

Mentioned in this post
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Reply to: Kefalos 1st timers!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
;