We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to and from Castries

4 posts
1 review
Bus to and from Castries

What is the schedule for the bus route? What time is the earliest bus from Rodney Bay to Castries, and the latest time to catch the bus from Castries back to Rodney Bay? Thanks in advance.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Bus to and from Castries

Audrey,

There is no schedule the busses (minivans) just run as and when their drivers are working. They are very frequent though. I suspect the earliest will be at about 6.00am and the latest at about 10.00pm although evening service is less frequent and reliable. No doubt others can advise re this.

Not sure what you are going to be doing in Castries later at night but there is very little there and indeed some parts of it are considered not 100% safe after dark

STEVE

4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Bus to and from Castries

Thank you Steve. I would not be in Castries later at night. I read online that the buses often stop running around the middle of the afternoon on the island, so this was what I wanted to try to find out.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Bus to and from Castries

Audrey,

Yes they do in parts but Castries/RB is a very busy route and will run into the evening partly to get workers home

STEVE

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
4. Re: Bus to and from Castries

@ BigSteve_8... In fact, there are many worthwhile cultural activities taking place in & around Castries in the afternoon and evening.

From poetry slams at the Central Library to movie openings at Caribbean Cinema...

... to art & music events at the Arts Café tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g147343-…

... to concerts / lectures at the Alliance Française (Pointe Seraphine) www.afslu.com/events/date/2017-03...

AND more at the Folk Research Center, National Culture Center, etc...

4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Bus to and from Castries

It's nice to know that there's so much going on in Castries! I doubt that I will be out and around super late at night, but I definitely want to enjoy as much time there as I can.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
6. Re: Bus to and from Castries

Hoping you get to experience some of the lively local arts scene in Castries, Audrey C!

7. Re: Bus to and from Castries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Rodney Bay
Recent Conversations