We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

I read a post dated January 2017 by dhanushmenon on team-bhp.com . The route is Bomdila to Rupa to Shergaon to Kalaktang to Amatulla to Mazbot to Orang to Rowta to Mangaldoi to Sipajhar to Guwahati- total distance 310 kms. There is supposed to be very little traffic on this road.

Is there any decent hotel at Shergaon or Kalaktang?

I intend taking this route on my return journey from Tawang to Guwahati in middle April 2018

46 replies to this topic
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
508 reviews
1. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Yes, the new road is good but it is only upto Bomdila. The road from Bomdila to Tawang is bad again.

Shergaon is a small town, no hotels. There are hotels in Bomdila, just 2hrs away

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
2. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

I intend taking this new road on my return from Tawang. Can I cover Bomdila to Guwahati by this road in about 7 hrs? The distance from Bomdila to Guwahati by this road is 310 kms. I will be traveling in April.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
508 reviews
3. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Bomdila - Guwahati (8hrs) by this new road.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
4. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Thanks Bornav.

Kolkata, India
1 post
1 review
5. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

you can stay at Bomdila or Dirang on your return journey from tawang.There are many budget and decent accomodations at both the places.Unfortunately,there are no places to stay in Shergaon or Kalaktang.And yes,the road surface through Rupa to Orang is very good with little bad patches in between.Also,the new road is upto Rupa only and not Bomdila.....bomdila till tawang still follows the same old route.I have been to tawang recently driving my own car from kolkata,trust me,journey from bomdila to tawang is still the test of nerves and skill !!

Edited: 11 October 2017, 00:16
Kottayam, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Hi friends, We are planning to ride this route in Feb. If we take the Guwahati -Kalaktang-Rupa new road, where is the entry point comes, so that we can mention in the ILP form.

chris

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
7. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Balemu

2 posts
8. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

Today I covered the distance of 254 km From GUWAHATI to Bomdila via Rupa new road in 6 hours driving time in my Creta. Road is in very good condition.

2 posts
9. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

ILP now a days can be applied online at Arunachal Govt website @ www.arunachalilp.com

1 post
1 review
10. Re: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati

I am traveling from guwahati to Tawang by my own car. Do i need to worry about snow or slippery roads between 07 March to 13 March? If yes, is there any place I can buy/rent snow chains for my car?

Reply to: New two lane good quality road from Bomdila to Guwahati
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted