We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Hi friends, I am planning to visit Agonda in March and want to stay in one of the best huts. I am bit confused about 03 huts - Romance, Madhu and Chattai.

Can you plz suggest me which one is the best by location and service.

You are welcome to suggest any other Hut, if you think your one is the best.

Thanks and awaiting your suggestion

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Hi arijit, the ones mentioned are all very good and popular (I have not seen 03 huts, Madhu has great food ) and all have the same beachfront location. To be honest at that time of the year I would go for the one with the best price so you might pay less just by turning up instead of pre booking at an agreed price now.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Chattai is at the far north end of the beach. The huts there look quite spacious and it'd be very quiet I should imagine.

Madhu is a popular choice, the huts are a bit closer and probably a bit more basic. The bar and restaurant is normally quite busy when we have visited and the location is pretty much in the centre of the beach.

In February this year I seem to remember that they were still constructing Romance Huts so I can't comment on them.

Have never heard of O3 Huts.

I think Stalex gives good advice. You will be able to check the places out if you just turn up in March and barter a good price on the one you fancy. Sandy Feet was nice last season but obviously places can change in style and atmosphere from year to year.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

We've only stayed at Madhu and whilst I loved it, it was a bit basic for my OH. It's a few years since we stayed there but we went back for lunch when we were in Agonda for the day in February.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

You could try White Sands http://www.agondawhitesand.com/ , we stayed at their villas in March and booked again for this March (not cheap but very nice) http://www.agondavillas.com/

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Dear all,

Thanks for your valuable comments. Is March end a busy time in Agonda? Will we be able to find another hut if we want to ?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

I was in Agonda last week at Jardin a Mar. Lovely place, absolutely relaxing, lots of shade and on the beach as well.

Madhus is on the beach but no trees to relax under. Chatai is on the northern end.

If you are looking for a 'five star' hut then H2O would be your definite choice. No doubt. Classy place and you pay for it.

Agonda White Sands is a lovely option and they get booked out.

Overall, I recommend Jardin and the neighbouring Simrose.

Take a look at my (new) blog: feni-and-amok.blogspot.com

Sadly, this season has been a low season in north and south Goa. Finding a beach hut should not be a problem.

- Jyoti

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Missed mentioning that my Agonda post is as of end-Oct.

I have not written my Dec travel post yet.

Will do so this week.

Jardin, Simrose and Agonda White Sands would be top on my list. AWS serves a pretty good menu of Goan food.

Romya on the road, family run, is my top recommendation for Goan food.

When in Goa, eat Goan!

- Jyoti

brierley hill west...
Level Contributor
351 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

arijit i think you would be ok to find a hut in agonda quite easily at the end of march being as its near the end of the season.

as for your hut question here's my thoughts on agonda and this is only my opinion...

i caught a taxi from palolem to agonda and decided to stay at agonda white sands without pre-booking i had the choice of several huts single hut was 1500rps per nite and double decker hut was 2500rps i opted for the single hut and was not dissapointed.

white sands in my view is one of the better places in agonda,we walked across the beach and looked at romance beach huts and they looked a bit tatty and not appealing to the eye as some others visually blow you away.

i read quite a bit about madhu so decided to look around them and once again was dissapointed in what i saw.i tryed their restuarant and was not impressed at all.

i had a look at jardim a mar and simrose and they both looked very nice indeed and i believe they are quite reasonably priced (around 800-1500rps per night) correct me if i'm wrong stalex :).

what i did not see is H2O but i'm going to stay there in early april 2012 so i will most probably be in agonda same time as yourself.

when you ask about huts it all comes down what you want to pay as i believe prices range from 500rps to 4000rps per night in agonda the latter is for H2O.

lastly there is a poster who i have mentioned earlier called STALEX he has a passion for beach hut/cottages accommodation and has a fair bit of knowledge on these type of places and their prices so you can ask him directly if you like.

also down south there is palolem beach and patnem beach who both have lovely huts to stay in

ciarans at palolem

tantra huts and papayas at patnem.

enjoy where ever you choose and all the best

Brian

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Hi returned from Agonda early Dec. Romance weren't built and didn't look as if any building works were imminent. Have stayed at many places in Agonda. Personally didn't like Simrose though ok to visit for a drink and chillout. Madhus is ok but again nothing special. White Sands is a little pricier but nice. My favourite is Agonda Paradise. It's at the quiet northern end, beachfront huts were 1200, set slightly back 1000 (still with seaview) and huts on stilts 1500. This end of beach is quieter than the middle but is still easy to access all restaurants/bars. Chattai huts are now on top of cliff at north end. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which one is the best Hut in Agonda ?

Definitely don't pre-book anything! Unfortunately for them it has been a bad season in Agonda and there will be plenty of availability when you arrive.and you will be able to take your time choosing a hut,

I have just returned from Agonda (going back end Feb)

I agree about Agonda Paradise. There is something really nice about the place and the way the huts are set out.

Madhu has hot water geysers in each hut this year and although the huts are quite regimented in layout and close to each other I think they have one of the best locations and views of the beach. He was also repainting them black inside and out and hanging some drapes inside when we left to make them more appealing and stylish.

He has also built some new more upmarket versions on the site of the old Turtle Lounge.

Sandy Feet huts are much improved this year but only one is beach front. We love Sandy Feet. Great momos and atmosphere.

Romance Huts are built and I did mean to look inside but never got around to it. They certainly look interesting being made in an L shape and look huge. They are all beach front and there are others behind on stilts.

Shanti has really nice huts this year (by Sandy Feet) but for some reason I can't bear the restuarant and staff but I am the only person I have spoken to who feels that way. I think the same people have some reallt lovely huts at the other end of the beach (this year with attached restuarant). I LOVE these huts.

There are more and more upmarket type "huts " popping up. For example My Place looks amazing this year and you may be able to get one of these at a bargain price in March bearing in mind the bad season they have had.

By the way for those of you heading to Agonda who like cocktails head to a place called Om ( near Agonda Paradise (ish!!) ) It has an incredible cocktail list but more importantly this guy really knows how to make them. They have a happy hour (which is 2/3 hours when we were there) when it is buy one get one free. Try the Watermelon Mohito!!!

Hope that helps a bit anyway and gives you a few places to start looking at when you get there.

Caramoz

Get answers to your questions about Agonda